Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge
61-63 Chrystie Street
New York, NY 10002
Phone: (212) 925-1212
Fax: (212) 925-5655
61-63 Chrystie Street, New York, NY, US, 10002
- Téléphone : (212) 925-1212
- Télécopie : (212) 925-5655
This temple is the largest Buddhist temple in Chinatown, and inside rests what many believe to be the largest Buddha in New York at a towering 16 feet (4.88 meters). Two golden lions guard the entrance to the temple, which also houses a large urn with burning incense. Besides the expected Buddhist worship services, the temple also has a gift shop for visitors, and a donation of USD1 is rewarded with a small fortune scroll.
The Kehila Kedosha Janina was built between 1925 and 1927 in the Lower East Side neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. It is one of the only Romaniote rite synagogues in the western hemisphere. There are a set of holiday schedule services and lunch tours are also available. A big highlight is the Kehila Kedosha Janina Museum, which preserves the 2000 year old culture of the Romaniotes. Even after years, the synagogue operates in its original form.
The First Chinese Reformed Presbyterian Church is situated at the exact place which was earlier referred as the Sea and Land Church. The building was constructed in 1819 and the First Chinese Reformed Church came into existence post its establishment in 1951. The structure depicts the Georgian and the Gothic Revival styles of architecture. The site stands registered in the National Register of Historic Places. It is predominantly a building made by utilizing brick and stone.
Church of the Transfiguration is a parish in the Chinatown locality of Manhattan. The Georgian style church was constructed in 1801. It is a New York City landmark and is listed in National Register of Historic Places.
Formerly, the Oliver Street Baptist Church, the Mariner's Temple traces its beginnings back to 1795. The Baptist church is housed in Greek Revival style building and was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1980. This historic church is still operational and welcomes visitors.
Beth Hamedrash Hagodol Synagogue is touted to be one of the foremost Russian Jewish Orthodox congregation across the nation. Formerly, the Norfolk Street Baptist Church, it was purchased by Methodist congregation in 1860. This historical landmark that featured in the National Register of Historic Places was supposed to be demolished, but preservation communities worked to restore it and the demolition was stalled.
If you are an electronics hobbyist, New York can be a rough town. Aside from Radio Shack there is only one other place that sells the little components you need to get that project working. 269 Electronics is truly one of the only such shops left in the city. The owner can help you track down a hard to find part or identify an unmarked component.
Bowery Mission serves food, provides shelter, showers and clothing to the homeless and helpless, and does not turn anyone away. It was established in 1879 by Reverend Ruliffson and his wife to help immigrants to the city. The Christian Herald newspaper bought the place in 1895, when it was in financial difficulty and since then they have also been publishing reports about the New York's poor people. They also run programs for under privileged youth with seminars, classes, job training and bible study.
The Surrogate's Court hears cases that involve the family and anything to do with decedents, wills, estates, adoptions, opening safe deposits, sealed apartments, filing affidavits etc. This court house was established in 1908 as the Hall of Records and was renamed Surrogate's Court in 1962. The building is a fine example of the early 20th century beautiful buildings. The facade is in granite and has elaborate marble usage in the interiors. The court rooms are beautifully decorated with gilded plaster, carved wood panels, chandeliers, bronze door knobs. The building is very famous and has been used for filming too.
The Stanton Street Shul is a remarkable synagogue on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Built in 1913, this neoclassical structure was the worship center of immigrant Jews from Brzezany in Galica which is now in Ukraine. Today this small synagogue which is among a handful dozen of active synagogues in the city, comprises a various mix of Jews that range from the Holocaust survivor to the modern day Jew. It also has its own women's prayer service.
This 3,000 square foot, fully equipped center has everything from punching bags to kicking shields. If you fancy martial arts, this place will knock your socks off. There is a complete training gym, a black belt master and lessons for all ages and skills levels. Karate, Tai Chi and Jujitsu are just some of the offerings. Prices vary.
Bialystoker Synagogue was initially constructed as the Willett Street Methodist Episcopal Church in 1826, and is located on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. The synagogue was founded by a group of people who belonged to Białystok, Poland. The Federal style building has a simple roof and round arched windows. The entire building was made of local schist sourced from a nearby quarry. There is a magnificent Torah Ark that is said to have been made in Białystok and brought to New York.