Folsom Powerhouse State Historic Park
7806 Folsom Auburn Road
Found on the west bank of the American River, the Folsom Powerhouse is a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark, National Historic Mechanical Engineering Landmark, California Registered Historical Landmark, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, as being significant in the areas of engineering and industry on the national level. In 1895, the facility brought high-voltage alternating current over long distance transmission lines for the first time. This power distribution network resulted in the first overhead wire streetcar system in the Central Valley.