5425 Clarkins Drive
Austintown, OH 44515-1120
Phone: (330) 792-9740
Fax: (330) 793-7199
The Antonucci Horticulture Library is located in the Fellows Riverside Gardens in Youngstown. This place has vast collection of gardening books for adults and children. It undertakes numerous horticulture classes and presents exhibits related to gardening and landscaping.
Fellows Riverside Gardens is a public garden located in the city of Youngstown. This 12 acre (4.85 hectare) garden features a magnificent display of flowers like annuals, biannuals, perrenials, flowering and non- flowering shrubs. Tours and gardening classes are available as well.
D.D. and Velma Davis Education & Visitor Center is located within the Fellows Riverside Gardens. It provides a range of services and facilities for the tourists. It also offers tours and classes for the visitors along with interesting programs.
Lanterman’s Mill was built in the year 1846 in the city of Yougstown. This structure is functional even now and is used for grinding crops like corn and wheat. Visit this mill and step into the past as you watch the grindstone crushing the grains, to produce genuine flour. The gift shop here has beautiful pieces made by local artisans.
Located in the historic B & O Train Station in Youngstown, the Rust Belt Brewing Company offers a variety of beers made with staple crops of the region. You can try their craft creations like the Blast Furnace Blonde or Coke Oven Stout. Also available are mainstream local beers, wines and liquors.
Tod Engine Heritage Park houses the infamous Tod Engine which was a large mill engine with two cylinders. This park now houses a grand collection of the steel heritage of Youngstown. It includes historic steel industry equipment and original artifacts, that were created in the Mahoning Valley.
Cherry Valley Coke Ovens is a historic site that comprises of about 200 beehive coke ovens, one of the largest sites in all of North America. These ovens were built under the Leetonia Iron and Coal Company in the mid 1800s as a method to filter coal which was then used to make steel and iron. Today, the site has been converted into a wooded park and includes several hiking trails around the ovens. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1993 and to the Ohio Historical Maker in 1999.
Nestled among the sprawling woods in the Nelson Township, the Nelson Ledges Quarry Park is spread over 250 acres (101.1 hectares). A paradise for any adventure-seeker or nature lover, this park is great to spend a day in the woods, hiking, swimming in the lake, or camping with the whole family. Also, the park also plays host to a number of music festivals throughout the year, so do see the website to plan your visit.
John Johnson Farm is a prime site in the Hiram Township in Portage County in Ohio. It occupies immense monumental value and is surrounded by a lavish farmland, rolling hills and woods. From 1831 to 1832, the site served as the Joseph Smith's Church of Christ. It is a fine representation of the Colonial architectural style and is a stern structure even today, more than a century after its construction. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.