1000 Upper Front Street
Binghamton, NY 13905
Phone: (607) 724-3297
Fax: (607) 771-0206
Cutler Botanic Garden was set up for teaching horticulture and environmentalism. The purpose of setting up this garden was to help visitors know how to grow plants with minimal negative effect on the environment. It is spread over 3.5 acres (1.4 hectares) and offers several paid guided tours. The garden also has facilities for wedding and other social events at nominal rates.
The Goodwill Theatre is a historic theater located in Johnson City, New York. The three floored structure was built in 1920 in Late 19th Century Revival and Late 20th Century Revival style architecture and features a pedicated portico with pillars, dividing the entrance into three equal parts. The theater hosts a number of events all year like music concerts, stand up comedy shows and much more.
The George W. Johnson Park is a West Side gem which includes shaded walking trails, a playground, swimming pools, baseball fields, tennis courts and a glass enclosure. It is more widely known for its historic Allan Herschell carousel. The George F. Johnson Recreation Park Carousel was built in 1925 and features 60 jumping horses, standing four alongside, chariots and the original Wurlitzer Military Band Organ. Located in its authentic carousel house cupola, it is one of the six merry-go-rounds that were donated by George F. Johnson to the Broome County. The George F. Johnson Recreation Park Carousel were added on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992. Don't miss the carousel rides which are open to the public from Memorial Day through labor Day when in the city.
Built by C. Edward Vosbury for Alonzo Roberson in 1904, the Roberson Mansion was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. Now forming a part of the Roberson Museum and Science Center, the house is said to be haunted by Alonzo Roberson's ghost, and many tourists stop by just for the supernatural value.
Stretching across the Susquehanna River, the South Washington Street Parabolic Bridge is a lenticular bridge. Though the bridge is closed for vehicles, one can certainly take a stroll here and enjoy the great view of the free flowing river.
Binghamton Zoo is spread over 90 acres (36 hectares) of land in Binghamton, New York. It is the fifth-oldest zoo in the United States of America and is open only from April to October. The zoo has been accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Apart from a rich variety of plants and animals, the zoo also has roller coaster rides, swings, and organizes band concerts. There is a nominal entry fee to enter the zoo.
The Binghamton area in Broome County is swanked by the monumental Rose Park Carousel. The historic carousel is placed in a wooden, one-story, sixteen sided, pavilion bragged by an eight sided cupola. It was built in 1920. It constitutes less than an acre of land area. It flanks as many as 60 horses of which four stand abreast, each a jumper; and two chariots. It is registered in the National Register of Historic Places.
Established in 1923, the George W. Johnson Park includes ball fields, a playground, swimming pools and a picnic spot. It is also one of the six carousel venues which received the George F. Johnson merry-go-rides. The historic Allan Herschell carousel was built in 1934 and housed in its original wooden pavilion are 36 jumping horses, standing three alongside with two chariots. Located in the center of Endicott, the George W. Johnson Park Carousel was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992. Don't miss the carousel rides which are open to the public from Memorial Day through labor Day when in the city.
The West Endicott Carousel housed in the West Endicott Park, dates back to 1929. The Carousel stands registered on the National Register of Historic Places, and continues to serve the region. It features 36 animals and George F. Johnson donated it to the city.
The Owego Central Historic District is broadly a commercial area which has it roots back in 1840. The district sees a mix of architectural styles, but the most prominent ones include the Italianate, Beaux Arts, Greek Revival, Federal, Gothic and Italianate. It was put up in the National Register of Historic Places in 1980 owing to its historic importance.
The St. Paul's Church of Owego is a historic church building constructed between 1893 and 1894. Built with the High Victorian Gothic style of architecture, the church was designed by famous architect William Halsey Wood. Despite of belonging to the ancient era, the church continues to function till date. Masses and other ceremonies are routinely held at the congregation. Owing to its beautiful history, the church became a part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.
The Peck Memorial Library is a highly significant library site that dates back to the 1890s era. This library is an immensely resourceful avenue and boasts of terrific range of books and volumes. The building is a fine representation of the Queen Anne style of architecture, and is included in the National Register of Historic Places.