Greenwood Memorial United Methodist Church
378 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02124
+1 617 288 8410
This shingle style sanctuary was built in 1900 and has been serving the community ever since. Originally called the Highlands Methodist Episcopal Church, it was renamed to Greenwood Memorial United Methodist Church in 1913 as a tribute to Sarah Greenwood, the mother of one of the benefactors of the church. The roots of the congregation can be traced back to 1838, though the church and the parsonage was established later. Today the ethnic members of the church bring a vast diversity and vibrancy that attracts many to this religious abode. Serving the neighborhood for more than a century through outreaches and programs, this historic place of worship was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.