Comfort Hotel Cachan Paris Sud
2 rue Mirabeau
Phone: (33) 1 45471800
Fax: (33) 1 45470181
This church, built in the 20th Century and designed by architect Barbier Julien, is unusually oriented towards the west, built of concrete and cinder blocks, and roofed in flat tiles. Sculpture, paintings, and stained glass decorate the interior.
This triumphal architectural marvel was designed by famed modern architect Le Corbusier in conjunction with his cousin Pierre Jeanneret. It was constructed in 1933 as a part of the Cité Internationale university and it features a distinctive skeletal structure that features a windowed steel facade founded curved concrete columns resembling dog bones. The building has offices on the lower level and acts as a student dormitory with 46 rooms on the upper levels. It is open to visits on weekdays.
This is a city location for Muslim worship and other services. For futher information, call +33 8 3668 3112.
Built in 1934, this is a relatively new church in Fontenay-Aux-Roses. Nonetheless, the church building with it's clock tower built by architect George Braive and engineer John Braive is a regal structure. The church is actively involved in community activities with it's choir being completely restored.
This park was originally called Moquesouris (mouse mockery), because the abandoned windmills where grain used to be stocked in the past attracted many mice. At the end of the 18th Century, the park's subsoil inherited from the Montrouge mines was transformed into Catacombs, in which bones from former Parisian cemeteries were piled up. During the Second Empire, the park developed as a part of a plan thought by Napoléon III and Baron Haussmann to give the capital's green areas four cardinal points; but this plan was only achieved in 1878. The plan of the park is a perfect example of the gardens arranged during the Second Empire: it is divided by railway lines concealed in ravines bordered with trees and crossed by little bridges. The twisting paths winding up gentle slopes give an impression of vastness. The park includes 1400 trees (some of them are over a hundred years old), large lawns, several playgrounds and a puppet theater.
Kellerman Park is the biggest garden in the 13th arrondissement of Paris. It is adjacent to the Chinese quarter and spreads over 55 hectares. It was created in 1937 on the former Bièvre riverbed, in the place of the former Thiers fortifications, which were fortified Parisian city walls in Louis-Philippe’s times. It was rebuilt in 1960, including three levels: a pool, a river and a waterfall brighten up the space. You will find a few playgrounds and rest areas, as well as a soccer field and a tennis court. It is a peaceful and relaxing park, far from Boulevard Kellerman and main road noise. For further information, contact +33 8 3668 3112.
Fo Guang Shan is a Buddhist organization-cum-monastery that has branches all over the globe. It was founded with an aim to promote Buddhist culture and create an awareness about the same. In a bid to achieve this, it hosts events, lectures and other programs throughout the year. For additional details, check their website or call ahead.
This Franciscan chapel is situated in the 14th arrondissement of Paris. In was built in 1934 and features majestic arches built out of brick and beautiful stained glass windows by Claude Malespine. The chapel occasionally hosts music and theatrical performances.
This 19th-century church in the Butte aux Cailles quarter of Paris features vocal and instrumental concerts ranging from gospel to opera to classical requiems and symphonies. It features two concert halls: the church itself and the Crypte Ararat.
This church in Paris' 13th arrondissement was constructed in 1969 by the architect Dubrule. It has excellent acoustics indoors due to its brick based construction, and it occasionally hosts choral and classical concerts.
Jardin de la Ménagerie in Sceaux is a pretty sight for the eyes. Also called as 'Petit Parc de Sceaux', this garden was designed by the Duchess of Maine. Sprinkled with colorful flowers and a carpet of green grass, this garden is a nice place for everybody to spend leisure time. It is also popular for the installations of contemporary art. And music shows and local events also hosted here.
Situated between Rue de Tolbaic and Rue Auguste Perret, Avenue d Italie is popular for hosting White House Market (Maison-Blanche Market). Marked by wide roads, this street is easily accessible by Tolbiac Metro, Place d'Italie, Porte d'Italia and Maison Blanche Metro Station. Call +33 8 3668 3112 for details