3301 Black Gap Rd.
Chambersburg, PA 17202
Phone: (717) 263-6655
Fax: (717) 263-0406
3301 Black Gap Rd., Chambersburg, PA, US, 17202
- Phone: (717) 263-6655
- Fax: (717) 263-0406
Midway between Chambersburg and Gettysburg on US 30, the 1,125-acre Caledonia State Park is the perfect place to enjoy such activities as picnicking, fishing, hiking, swimming, golfing, hunting, and camping.
Memorial Fountain and Statue is located at Franklin County, Pennsylvania. This historic fountain and statue was installed in 1878 C.E and is built of cast iron. The fountain basin is hexagonal in shape and is 30 feet in diameter. There are eight flower vases and the central shaft is 26 feet in height. The statue was added to the National Registrar of Historic Places on May 19, 1978.
Originally built in 1818 and listed on the registry of the State and National Historic Sites since 1978, the jail survived the burning of Chambersburg by Confederate forces in 1864 and was once a stop on the Underground Railroad. Tours are offered.
Franklin County Courthouse is located in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. It was built in 1865 on a site that was originally purchased from Colonel Benjamin Chambers in 1785. The architectural style is Greek Revival and the building was designed by S. Hutton and Samuel Seibert. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on January 18, 1974.
An exciting amusement center offering fun for the whole family, Cluggy's includes a 6,000 square foot skate park, an arcade, batting cages, miniature golf, go-carts and more.
Benjamin Blythe Homestead or the Hazel Glen and Blythstead is a building that dates back to the 1790s era. This Georgian home was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, and was owned by Benjamin Blythe, one of the foremost settlers of this vicinity.
The Widow Piper's Tavern is a magnificent tavern that is also referred to as the Old Courthouse and Shippensburg Civic Center. A prominent site in the U.S. State of Pennsylvania, it is precisely situated in the Shippensburg region of the Cumberland County. The construction of the tavern dates back to 1735, and has been included in the National Register of Historic Places.
Producers of the award-winning Gettysburg Winery Chardonnay, this winery 15 minutes west of the Gettysburg National Monument offers many fun features, including Saturday afternoon concerts, occasional art exhibits and wine appreciation classes. Wines produced by the winery include red, white, and fruit. A wine shop in Gettysburg can be found at 25 Chambersburg Street.
A seasonal performing animal theme park, Land of Little Horses offers hands-on activities and events.
Located in a narrow valley created by Fowler Hollow Run at the edge of the Tuscarora State Forest, guests visiting the 104-acre Fowlers Hollow State Park will enjoy hiking, fishing, camping, picnicking, and cross-country skiing.
Kings Gap offers a panoramic view of the Cumberland Valley and environmental education programs from the pre-school environmental awareness program to environmental problem solving programs. 16 miles of hiking trails interconnect three main areas and are open year-round.
The elegant Sachs Covered Bridge that stretches across the Marsh Creek dates back to the 1850s era. This covered bridge was utilized by both the troops in the Battle of Gettysburg that was fought during the American Civil War. A part of the Gettysburg National Military Park, this town truss bridge is incorporated in the National Register of Historic Places.