Historic Motor City Missionary Baptist Church
4461 28th Street
Detroit, MI 48210
+1 313 896 2166
Constructed in 1891 as the Gethsemane Evangelical Lutheran Church, this majestic edifice was occupied by the Motor City Missionary Baptist Church congregation in 1978. The beautiful church building was constructed in Carpenter Gothic stye of architecture, and is a rare example of a wood-frame church from the time. The church actively engages with the community through its ministries as well as events.