"Supports Green Initiatives" designates a hotel's participation in an optional environmental program that includes the use of energy-efficient lighting, guestroom towel/linen re-use, and on-premise recycling. "Supports Green Initiatives" does not represent an official certification of any kind.
Sporting a splendid Gothic Revival facade, the Chapel of the Cross is located on East Franklin Street. Built and designed in 1843 by ace architect Thomas Walter, the historic church also lends its name to the town of Chapel Hill it lies within. Enlisted a part of the US National Register of Historic Places in 1972, the chapel still plays a vital role in community life in town.