+39 06 6 7601
Currently the House of the Italian Chamber of Deputies, Montecitorio Palace is a regal baroque palace overlooking Piazza Colonna, next door to Via del Corso
. Erected by Pope Innocent X in the 17th Century, this building was designed by Italian baroque artist Gian Lorenzo Bernini, then completed by Italian architect Carlo Fontana, after several dozen years. In 1871, a year after the Conquest of Rome - which integrated the Capital of Faith and Culture in the Unification of Italy - Montecitorio Palace was restored to become the seat of the Italian Chamber of Deputies, while Madama Palace
was chosen as seat to the Italian Senate.