133-43 37th Avenue
Flushing, NY 11354
Phone: (718) 939-5000
Fax: (718) 939-4000
133-43 37th Avenue, Flushing, NY, US, 11354
- Phone: (718) 939-5000
- Fax: (718) 939-4000
The St. George's Church is a beautiful Neo-Gothic structure constructed in 1854. Spread over an area of 1.5 acres (0.61 hectare), it has been in service for people from over 20 nations. Its beautiful architecture and rich history has made it into a landmark church that has been around for about 300 years. Regular services and other religious ceremonies are still carried out at the church.
Free Synagogue of Flushing is located in Queens, New York City. It is a Reform synagogue that was established in 1917 by revolutionary Rabbi Stephen Samuel Wise. The building was designed by architect Maurice Courland in the Neoclassical style. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 16, 2009.
The Young Men's Christian Association, more commonly known as the Y, is an organization devoted to proving wholesome entertainment for the youth. The Y at Flushing has programs geared towards different age groups, ranging from Pre-K to adolescents. The toddlers of the Queens area can here be just as involved as older children, what with the recreational options provided to them, of which yoga & language classes are just two. Usually surly & moody teenagers are here to engage in some kind of community based activity, be it sports programs like gymnastics & tennis, or programs aimed at enhancing their leadership skills. The Flushing branch is known particularly for its swimming programs.
There is more to Citi Field than just playing host to countless baseball games as the home of the New York Mets; even its parking lot is an attraction in its own right. With a capacity of more than 40,000 people, the parking lot offers over one million square feet (92903.412 square meters) of open space just waiting to be utilized. This space is perfect for outdoor events like concerts, carnivals, exhibitions and trade fairs.
This ornate temple, complete with hand carved elephant heads, was originally designed and built in India. It was moved to Flushing during the 1970s and reconstructed by master craftsmen in full accordance with Hindu principles. The temple holds daily services and also sponsors festivals and cultural performances. Check their schedule for times. A cafe on premise provides visitors with beverages and light snacks. No eating, drinking or photography is allowed in the temple, and silence must be observed at all times.
The 1964–1965 New York World's Fair New York State Pavilion is located at Flushing Meadows Corona Park. The New York State pavilion features three observation towers, the tallest being 226 feet (69 meters). Below the towers is the Tent of Tomorrow and Theaterama. Not all areas of the complex are fully-functional, and is featured on the National Register of Historic Places.
Congregation Tifereth Israel is an Orthodox synagogue located in Queens, New York. The synagogue building was constructed in 1911 by Ashkenazi Jews. The building is a wooden Gothic and Moorish Revival structure and was designed by Crescent L. Varrone. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 21, 2002.
LaGuardia, serving the domestic airline market, is the closest and most convenient airport to the city, located east of Manhattan. Taxi cabs into Manhattan charge a minimum fair and take about 15 minutes at non-peak hours (considerably longer during rush hour). You can also take the Carey Express Airport Coach or the Gray Line Air Shuttle. Many private car services are available such as 'Tel Aviv'. The M60 bus line connects to all the major subway lines. Long term parking and rental cars are also available.
Established in 1939, Rego Park Jewish Center is a bonding place for the Jewish community in New York's Queens borough. The simple structure designed by Frank Grad & Sons architectural firm, features a beautiful mosaic pattern right above the entrance door. Apart from regular services, various cultural events like book discussions and language classes and more.
This local station called the Elmhurst Avenue is an underground station featuring four tracks with two platforms at both sides. The station has it's name that reads 'Elmhurst Ave' in white with a black background and a teal border surrounds it. This station also consists of a full length mezzanine above the platforms.
The Jackson Heights is a beautiful historic district comprising of 300 acres (120 hectares) of land. Feturing some of the great 19th and 20th Century Revivals architectural styles, the Jackson Heights is a community that holds some most interesting places. Consisting of an Indian Restaurant, shopping district, Travers park playground, etc. the district is lively and has a lot to offer it's visitors.
It is acclaimed for hosting the U.S. Open Tennis Championships. It has over 800 members, 38 courts, 10 of which are indoors for all year round facility use, along with a junior Olympic pool complex. It also features a swimming pool wherein one can take lessons in the same. Come here with family or friends and indulge in a sporting activity, however if it leaves you too tired then have a wholesome fare at the restaurant here.