1 Hospitality Drive
Fort Erie, ON L2A 6G1
Phone: (905) 871-8500
Fax: (905) 871-9388
1 Hospitality Drive , Fort Erie, ON, CA, L2A 6G1
- Phone: (905) 871-8500
- Fax: (905) 871-9388
Once an important military post during the War of 1812, this fort today serves as a faithful recreation of those times, complete with guards dressed in period clothing, rooms frozen in time and re-enactments of the battles of the day. Reconstructed and administered by the Niagara Parks Commission, the fort features a gift shop, snack bar, picnic area, and playground for kids. The fort is located on the shores of Lake Erie, directly across from Buffalo.
The famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright came up with drawings for "Boathouse for the University of Wisconsin Boat Club," but he never got to build the boathouse. Finished in 2007 the Frank Lloyd Wright's Rowing Boathouse was constructed based on Frank Lloyd Wright's designs. The building is a working boathouse and is also open for tours.
Commonly known as 74th Regimental Armory, the Connecticut Street Armory is an imposing structure that represents American history. Featured in the National Register of Historic Places in 1996, it was built in 1899, under the supervision of architect Isaac G. Perry. Currently, it houses administrative offices and 74th Regiment of the New York National Guard. While you are in town, do visit this important landmark.
Located on the West Side less than a mile from culturally-rich areas such as the Buffalo Theater District, this college has been providing top-notch education to motivated students for almost a century. Named after Marguerite D'Youville, founder of the Grey Nuns, the college is small and intimate with only 1900 students on a historic campus. Also on campus can be found the award-winning Kavinoky Theatre, situated in a restored Victorian-era building. The campus is minutes from Niagara Falls and the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
The Zink Block is located at Erie County, New York and it was constructed for William T. Zink's furniture store. It was incorporated in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 2010.
Frenchman's Creek, a tributary of the Niagara near Bridgeburg, was witness to one of the battles between Americans and English armies in 1812. The battle ended with the British driving away the Americans who were hoping to gain control over the Niagara frontier. The battlefield is a National Historic Site of Canada as of 1921.
This L shaped brick building known as the Engine House No. 2 and Hook and Ladder No. 9 is a firehouse at the streets of New Jersey. This building is known to have survived the important technological and social changes and the beautiful remains reflect the early historic years. This structure stands as an important architectural art museum today.
This is a city location for Muslim worship and other services.
The Buffalo Religious Arts Center is a facility that strives to preserve and protect the religious objects and memorabilia that was once in use. The arts center collects artifacts that were a part of closed churches and preserves them. Guided tours of the facility are available for visitors. A visit to this place will enrich your knowledge about the religious history of Buffalo and neighboring areas. The facility is also available on rental basis for weddings.
Designed by father-and-son architects Eliel and Eero Saarinen in the 1930s, this music hall is internationally recognized as having perfect acoustic pitch. The estate of Edward and Mary Kleinhans provided the impetus and the funds necessary to build the home of the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places and now also houses the Buffalo Chamber Music Society alongside the QRS Concert Series. Kleinhans also hosts a variety of events, from concerts to commencement ceremonies for local schools, check website for complete calendar.
The Berkeley Apartments was built in 1897 and is popularly known as the Graystone Hotel. Architect Carlton T. Strong and engineer Ernest L. Ransome together conceptualized and constructed this structure. And, this building was one of the foremost sites to use reinforced concrete. Included in the National Register of Historic Places in 1987, it is currently awaiting reconstruction.
Situated within an historic and expanding downtown synagogue, this world-famous museum houses over 1,000 Judaic artifacts dating back to the 10th century. These include rare ceremonial garb, medallions, textiles, folk art and books donated by members of the congregation and friends. Of special interest are paintings by well-known artists Marc Chagall, Ben Shahn and Ludwig Wolpert. There are also Holocaust remembrances and a permanent exhibition called American Jews: A Saga of Three Centuries. Everyone is welcome.