Comfort Hotel CDG Goussainville
1, avenue Jacques Anquetil
Phone: (33) 1 39884949
Fax: (33) 1 39338759
1, avenue Jacques Anquetil, Goussainville, FR, 95190
- Phone: (33) 1 39884949
- Fax: (33) 1 39338759
Musée de l'Air et de l'Espace was originally situated in Meudon after World War I and was moved to Le Bourget in 1975. This was where Charles Lindburgh had landed after his 33 hour flight from Long Island. With a unique collection of more than 180 machines, the museum covers the aerospace era from the 1879 heavier-than-air glider Massiat-Biot to the Ariane rocket. You will also be amazed to see the interesting exhibition with the balloon theme - Le Temps des Ballons, the chief fighting aircraft of the French Air Army since 1950 and the beautiful aircraft of World War II.
This classy old church was constructed back in the 16th Century. Notre-Dame de Villepinte is situated in the center of Villepinte across from town hall, and has weathered nearly four centuries of distinguished heritage. It is particularly renowned for its impressive choral area, still standing from the day it was built.
Situated behind the Place Bellecour, the Buddhist centre follows the methods of the Karma Ling institute, founded in 1980 by the Tibetan grand master Kalou Rimpotché. The centre is not a temple in the proper sense, but it does offer regular sessions of silent meditation as well as initiation into the Dharma and Buddha's teachings. The centre is linked to the Karma Ling institute situated not far from Chambéry, which allows everyone to progress in the ways of Buddha according to their own level of achievement.
A magnificent, 400-hectare (988-acre) space of greenery and waterways just north of the town itself, the Parc de la Courneuve offers forest, lakes, waterfalls, hills, glens, and grassland for adventurous visitors to explore. Celebrations, exhibits, and activities are held in the park, and the natural flora and fauna provides plentiful educational opportunities. Nearly two million visitors each year enjoy all the park has to offer. Workshops and lectures usually free of charge, with a reservation required.
The first church was built in 475. It housed the tomb of Saint-Denis, who according to legend, carried his head there after he was beheaded. In the 12th Century, the first stone of the basilica was laid. Therein followed the construction of the nave and the chancel, which is decorated with ornate rose windows. This abbey is a prime example of Gothic architecture. At one time, all French monarchs were buried here. During the French Revolution, the Basilica of Saint Denis was pillaged and the bodies exhumed. The 13th and 14th-century funerary sculptures, and the archaeological and Roman crypts are remarkable.
The faithful of Enghien and 15 other communities come together at the Église Réformée d'Enghien to worship. Other activities at the church include education for youth, bible study, demonstrations, self-help groups, conferences, and concerts with the opportunity to discuss with the musicians afterwards. These activities often incorporate other religious or cultural groups.
L’Église Saint Joseph conducts various activities such as prayer groups, youth counseling and more. The beautiful architecture is the sole reminder of the fact that the church belongs to another era, thus, having plenty of tales to narrate. For further information on this church, do visit their website.
This urban church, marked by a soaring cement steeple topped by an open-centered cross, hosts a variety of events including classical concerts by individuals or groups and poetry or literature readings.
A remarkable "accessory" to this church is the organ, built in the beginning of the 17th Century and restored in 1990. The church itself was built in 1541 under the rule of François the First, representing a wide variety of architectural styles: the church body is the flamboyant gothic style of the 15th Century, the steeple represents the Renaissance, and the 1628 façade is in the Jesuit style.
The Saint Marthe Parish of Pantin, part of the Saint-Denis diocese, is housed in a lovely, tan-colored stone church with a slate-roofed spire. Elaborate dentillation decorates the wallspace just below the roof, above an imposing and elegant main entrance. The church hosts classical concerts, including some innovative new compositions and vocal explorations.
Pantin is located to the north-east of the city of Paris. It has as much charm and character as downtown Paris. Located by the banks of the Chemin de Halage canal, one can find a lot of beautiful riverside houses and parks, frequented by youngsters. The Pantin town hall is an impressive historic building, while one can also see a lot of old and abandoned industrial ruins here. One particular building is covered from head to toe in graffiti and is intriguing to watch.
The modern religious landmark of Église Notre-Dame du Raincy in the commune of Le Raincy was built in the year 1923 based on the designs by architects Auguste and Gustave Perret. It is first of its kind church in France to be built completely with reinforced concrete and was classified as a historic monument in the year 1966. Today, the church hosts various religious events and choir concerts. Call to know more about this modern architecture marvel.