118 Garrett Dr.
Grove City, PA 16127
Phone: (724) 748-1005
Fax: (724) 748-1006
Arts & Museums
The Hoyt Institute of Fine Arts is located in 2 princely heritage mansions on a hill that were owned by the Hoyt family. The Greek Revival architecture serves as a superb backdrop to the events held here like discussions, competitions, guided tours, art workshops, community parties and cultural festivals. Admission is free. Check website for a list of permanent exhibits and upcoming exhibitions.
The Harlansburg Station Museum of Transportation offers exhibits of diecast automobiles and trucks from Danbury and Franklin Mint, artifacts of cars and trucks, ship and boat models, military aircraft, commercial aviation and memorabilia, American and British railways, telephone/switchboard memorabilia, a miniature railroad and more.
The Ellwood City Area Historical Society Museum includes the Society's collection of Northwood Glass, a Railway Express wagon, and a bench from the B & O Railroad waiting room. The museum is open during the week from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Authentic Slovenian costumes, household items, artwork and crafts can be seen at the SNPJ Slovenian Heritage Center, which is operated by the Slovene National Benefit Society.
Open for tours Tuesday through Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., the Harmony Museum features a collection of Harmonist furniture; churns, butter molds, crockery and a cast iron cook stove in the Kitchen, the Wine Cellar, a Mennonite-era collection, percussion long rifles in the classical Pennsylvania style circa 1850-1890, the Wagner-Bentel House, Harmonist Cemetery, and more.
The Maridon Museum is housed inside a building donated by the generous Mary Hulton Phillips. This museum is perhaps one of the few whose sole focus is Asian Art. Occasionally one will also find a number of German Meissen porcelain exhibits. The gallery halls are replete with Chinese paintings decorated with silk, ivory and jade sculptures, old scrolls, luminous porcelain exhibits and more. Check website for details.
Opened to the public in 1995, the Heritage Center's permanent collection in a 4,500 square foot exhibit space includes an original Bantam "jeep," the Bantam Hollywood prototype convertible sports car, and displays of many of the industries of Butler's past and present.
The Zelienople region of the Butler County is endowed with one of the prime historical structures in the form of the Passavant House. The house stands on a land area of less than one acre. Its construction dates back to the year 1809. The two and a half story building is predominantly a house built by utilzing brick elements. Presently, the house serves adequately as a museum, library as well as the headquarters for the Zelienople Historical Society. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Situated in historic downtown Franklin, DeBence Antique Music World allows you to see and hear over 100 old-time automatic musical instruments, including calliopes, music boxes and nickelodeons.
Through a variety of non-traditional educational techniques, first person presentations, storytelling and entertainment, the Living History Center at Providence Plantation strives to be "the area