Comfort Inn & Suites
3615 Commerce Place
Hamburg, NY 14075-3638
Phone: (716) 648-2922
Fax: (716) 648-2904
3615 Commerce Place, Hamburg, NY, US, 14075-3638
- Phone: (716) 648-2922
- Fax: (716) 648-2904
Located just southeast of Buffalo, in the suburb of Orchard Park, this stadium serves as the home of the National Football League's Buffalo Bills. Built in 1973, the stadium was originally called Rich Stadium, but today it carries the name of the original team's founder Ralph Wilson. It seats nearly 75,000 for football and is used almost exclusively for the gridiron, though on occasion Ralph Wilson stadium will hold concerts and other events when the massive capacity is needed for ticketholders.
Chestnut Ridge Park, the largest park in the Erie County Parks system, got its name from the many chestnut trees in the area. The 1,213-acre park has many activities to choose from all year long. During the winter months, visitors enjoy cross-country skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, snow shoeing, ice skating and tobogganing. In summer enjoy picnicking, hiking and tennis. The circa 1925 casino features a meeting room, concessions and an observation platform on the upper level with a great view of the city of Buffalo. The Eternal Flame Falls, a 35-foot high waterfall with three natural gas flames, is located within the park. - Christine A. Smyczynski
Treat yourself to sweet tasting maple syrup by visiting the Smith's Maple Farm in Hamburg, 13 miles south of the city Buffalo. A place where you can arrange a picnic with your family in the maple farms and also indulge in syrup and maple products tasting. Also, know all about the procedure involved in the preparation of these syrups which begins from collection of saps from the trees to the evaporation of water and its final processing. The Maple Weekends Festival arranged every year gives you an opportunity to participate in various activities with people. Call to plan a visit to Smith's Maple Farm.
This is a city location for Muslim worship and other services.
Located in an 1890s tri-domed Victorian glass conservatory on the grounds of South Park and created by NY Central Park designer Frederick Law Olmsted, these gardens feature exotic flowers and plants from around the world. The gardens are operated by the Erie County Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry and are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Highlights include an orchid and bromeliad house, herb collection, and waterfall. There are also seasonal shows such as Spring Flowers, All-American Annuals in summer, and December Poinsettias.
The Edward M. Cotter, built in 1900, is the world's oldest operating fireboat. Originally named the William S. Grattan, this National Historic Landmark vessel, known as engine #20 by the Buffalo Fire Department which operates it, still battles fires along Buffalo's waterfront. Many of the structures on the waterfront, including many grain elevators, would be impossible to reach by land. The fireboat has the pumping capacity equal to 11 fire trucks. During the winter months the ship is used to break up ice on the Niagara River. It is often on display during waterfront festivals in the city of Buffalo. -Christine A. Smyczynski
Charles E. Burchfield (1893-1967), considered one of the finest watercolor artists of the 20th Century, would set up his easel and paint along Buffalo Creek, using the surrounding nature for inspiration. Today this property, which he painted on for 40 years, is now the Charles E. Burchfield Nature and Art Center. It features 29 acres of woods and gardens along the banks of Buffalo Creek. In 1998, the Town of West Seneca honored Burchfield by creating a nature center, which opened in 2000. The nature center features a 5000-square-foot interpretive center, which is the setting for exhibits, classes, and workshops that focus on fine arts, nature, and history. On the grounds of the nature center you'll find an outdoor amphitheater, walking trails, and a children's play area. -Christine A. Smyczynski
This multi-use arena located Buffalo's downtown waterfront is where the Sabres, Bandits, Blizzards and Destroyers play. From hockey and lacrosse to soccer, football and even concerts, this venue can host almost any event on the planet. The 20,000 seats in the state-of-the-art entertainment complex never have an obstructed view with the massive Jumbotron that dominates the ceiling. For food, try the Lexus Club restaurant and if you are in the pavilion, don't forget to visit the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame.
This sports hall of fame resides on the lower level of the HSBC Arena. At the moment, there are more than 100 inductees, including players from the NHL's Buffalo Sabres, the NFL's Buffalo Bills, and baseball's Buffalo Bisons. The hall, in the atrium next to the Sabres' store, includes sports memorabilia, detailed information, interactive computer stations, and audio and video presentations.
This waterfront museum, located across from First Niagara Center, salutes all branches of the United States Armed Forces, with special emphasis on veterans from Western New York. Visitors can tour a World War II submarine, a destroyer and a guided missile cruiser. There are military artifacts such as tanks, aircraft and memorabilia, including an interesting collection from the Polish Armed Forces.
Located near the Erie Basin Marina, this lighthouse once guided more than half a million immigrants to the city and remained active until the First World War. Built in 1833 and standing 68 feet tall, the structure remained dark until 1987 when it was re-lit for the first Friendship Festival. After restoration that started in 1985, the lighthouse is now a Buffalo Lighthouse Association museum. The lighthouse is open for group tours by appointment, but the 1,400-foot South Pier Promenade and Lighthouse Point grounds nearby are open daily.
The 'Erie Canal Harbor' at the waterfront was officially made open to public on July 2 2008. This harbor was of prime importance in the 19th and 20th centuries, as it served as the "western terminus" at that time. Get here and explore many things like the "Central Wharf", "Commercial Slip" and many other remains of the canal buildings. You can visit this place all year round.