1610 Flossie Drive
Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
Phone: (812) 539-3600
Fax: (812) 539-3601
1610 Flossie Drive, Lawrenceburg, IN, US, 47025
- Phone: (812) 539-3600
- Fax: (812) 539-3601
The William Henry Harrison Tomb State Memorial is a monumental memorial site. It is the celebrated final resting place of United States of America's 9th President William Henry Harrison and his family members. The site was constructed in the year 1841. It comprehensively encompasses a land cover of 14 acres 95.7 hectares). The site occupies immense significance and has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1970.
The The Story Mound is a historic Native American mound having an area of 0.5 acre (0.20 hectare). No archaeological excavation has been carried at the mound, however conclusions have been made that it belongs to the Adena culture. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 owing to its historical background.
In close proximity to the city of Harrison in Western Hamilton County, lies the historic Eighteen Mile House. The monumental house was constructed as a tavern by unknown persons in the beginning of the 19th Century. It was supposedly built between 1800 through 1810. It is a predominantly two and a half storied house and primly built from utilizing brick. It has a tin roof and fine gables at the end. The eloquent interior chimneys rise above these gables adding up to the aesthetics. Initially, the house operated as a post office. With oozing historic importance, the house has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1975.
Established in 1864, by members of Cincinnati's Union Baptist Church, this is one of the oldest burial grounds for the African-American community in the city. Located within the historic Price Hill neighborhood, the Union Baptist Cemetery spreads across 160 acres (64.74 hectares). Many of the soldiers who fought in the American Civil War, have been laid to rest here.
The nation's first arboretum within an active recreation park setting, and Northern Kentucky's only arboretum, the Boone County Arboretum, has more than 2,700 trees and shrubs over 121 acres. More than two miles of paved walking trails wind through the various plant collections, woodlands, and athletic fields. Special Attractions include a Children's Garden, Wildlife Viewing Area in the Native Kentucky Prairie, and a new Woodland Walking Trail. There are also three information kiosks with horticultural information and Extension class offerings.
Tucked away within Mt. Airy Forest, this arboretum is a peaceful and beautiful park. Spread out over 120 acres (48 hectares), the Mt. Airy Arboretum provides a tranquil space away from the hustle and bustle of the city. With over 1500 species of flora, the arboretum was established in 1911 and has been growing ever since. The most notable feature, the pond, is surrounded by lovely dwarf conifer trees. Others such as cherry, birch, maple, oak and more can be found throughout the grounds.
Popularly known as the Carneal Hall, the Elmwood Hall is an Italianate-Federal style structure with pink brick walls. Spread over 9 acres (3.6 hectares) of land, this antebellum is a two story brick home comprising of arched windows. The house is a famous place for tourists visits and has also worked as a private home of bed and breakfasts.
St. Pius X Catholic Church is a beautiful Romanesque style church built in the 19th century. It has been added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978 owing to its rich history and architectural significance.
The Domhoff Buildings are located in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States. They are two historic commercial buildings. The buildings were designed by architect W.W. Franklin and were built in 1893. Both the buildings are four stories high and has a mix of Italianate and Queen Anne style of architecture. The buildings got added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 11, 1980.
The Dayton Street Historic District was once the area where affluent and rich industrialists had built their residences. Owing to that, it was also referred to as the Millionaire’s Row; Hauck House Museum and mayor George Hatch House are few of the landmark properties of this district.
The beautiful Romanesque structure is the Spring Grove Cemetery Chapel. Included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, it was designed and conceptualized by Samuel Hannaford and Sons.
"Ohio's Oldest Brick House," the Betts House is now a research center dedicated to the study of building materials and traditions. Tours are available.