The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States (VFW) is an organization of the country's war veterans, and has its headquarters in Kansas City. The Corning VFW is one of the many spread throughout the country, and plays host to various events. Many a time, this venue is also the site for concerts.
One of the many post offices in the state of New York to have been designed under the supervision of Louis A. Simon, US Post Office-Painted Post was constructed in the period between 1937 and 1938. A red-brick building one-story high, the post office is an illustration of the Colonial Revival style of architecture. A scene from the Revolutionary War is depicted in a mural by Amy Jones. The post office was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
The Trinity Episcopal Church has been serving the Elmira community for almost 180 years. What started out as a simple school house is now a sprawling complex that spans across four buildings. The church comprises Sanctuary, Office Building, Arnot Building and the main Parish Hall. While visiting this landmark, do explore the Sanctuary which features beautiful memorial stained glass windows that depict different stories of Christ, saints and the church itself. The Trinity Episcopal Church believes in striving for the betterment of the community and has different programs to serve this purpose. Youth programs, parish luncheons, choir concerts and other events are a regular feature here. For event schedule and other updates, please check the website.
The Elmira Civic Historic District is a district comprising of the early town's history. Featuring the County Court House, some of the office buildings and the Arnot Art museum and the Icehouse. This district is a preservation of all the historical structures and well maintained beauties that are presented to the visitors and tourists.
The Erste Deutsche Evangelische Kirche popularly known as the First United Church of Christ is a Romanesque architecture church. This beautiful structure features a simple entrance of steps that leads the people into the church. With the cross on the top above the entrance on a roof the church stands out in it's beauty. The beautiful white paint as borders around the structure gives it a beautiful look.
An architectural feast for the eyes, the Parkhouse Memorial Presbyterian Church has been standing since 1889 in Elkand. Designed in the late Victorian Romanesque style, the church was included in the National Register of Historic Places in 2012.
Included in the National Register of Historic Places in 1989, the US Post Office-Watkins Glen is an integral part of the Watkins Glen village. The Office of the Supervising Architect (Treasury Department) designed a large number of post offices across the nation, the US Post Office-Watkins being one of them. Following the Colonial Revival style of architectural designing, this structure is similar to other post office buildings that were built in the era of 1930s.
This beautiful white structured church has a lot to offer. Other than just the beauty of the church, the church features the Sunday School classrooms, the choir members then had long robes as their attire, an area near the organ consisted of a rack of books where one could sit and read. The place now makes way for choir stalls.