allées de Tourny
+33 5 56 00 66 00 (Tourist Information)
This little esplanade was laid out between 1743 and 1757 by Tourny, 65 meters (213 feet) wide and 265 meters (869 feet) long, it is bordered on one side by buildings with Louis XV style facades. The original buildings were comprised of only two floors; many of them were revamped after the destruction of Château Trompette (located at the Place des Quinconces (La)
) since they were no longer in the way of canon fire. The houses on the other side were constructed in the 19th Century. A merry-go-round with wood horses is located here year-round, and every December it welcomes the marché de Noël
(the Christmas market).