Comfort Hotel Frankfurt Airport
Am Zollstock 10
Phone: (49) 6105 7050
Fax: (49) 6105 70580
Am Zollstock 10, Moerfelden-Walldorf, DE, 64546
- Phone: (49) 6105 7050
- Fax: (49) 6105 70580
Waldsee Langen is known for being the largest lake in the state where you can unwind and enjoy the serene waters or indulge in the various activities that take place here like water sports, cycling and hiking trips and so on.
Städelschule is an international institution of art and architecture in Frankfurt which was first opened in the year 1817. This contemporary school's student body and teacher body is comprised of almost 40 percent of foreign nationalities. Courses such as Fine Art, Architecture and Curatorial and Critical Studies are offered. Portikus is their exclusive exhibition which hosts artists from all over the world. Städelschule's contribution to the art scene in Frankfurt has been notable with more than hundred art shows under the school's name till date.
Constructed from 2002 to 2005, the Commerzbank Arena is one of the world's largest convertible sports venues. The transparent roof gives the stadium an impressive cathedral-like feel, making this a worthy replacement of the old Waldstadion. The Stadium seats over 45,000 and there are several VIP boxes. Check the website for the complete list of the season's matches.
Saint Mauritiuskirche is a splendid church in the city of Frankfurt am Main. The church conducts prayer services and religious meetings regularly. With an aim to spread the message of God, Saint Mauritiuskirche also holds cultural activities, concerts and other musical events on a regular basis. Visiting the Saint Mauritiuskirche church brings in revelation on the religious and spiritual side of the locals.
In 1823 the elders of the village of Sindlingen decided to demolish their old church and erect a new place of worship in its place. Although the village was tiny the new church was a goodly size with a capacity for 600 persons, and towered over the neighboring half-timbered houses. The inside of the church - with a beautiful nave, striking sculptures and powerful horizontal columns - is particularly impressive.
One of the important districts of the city, dating back to the 12th Century, Sachsenhausen is sure a must-visit! Comprising of the River Main, this area is known for some of Germany's best museums and the flea market, which is the largest in the city. There are plenty of bargains to be found here: second-hand clothes, household appliances, CDs and antique furniture are sold at hundreds of stalls. And with a bit of luck you may be able to find a genuine rarity, but it may well take a long time. But even if you don't, it's great fun to just rummage about on a Saturday morning. Check out the website for detailed information.
The Evangelische Burgkirchengemeinde Dreieichenhain is a protestant church that sees 3320 parishioners in worship. A historic location, it is architecturally rich with a spire and beautiful facade. While regular services take place here, cultural events are also undertaken by the members from time to time.
This place of worship is the oldest church in Frankfurt am Main. First erected in the 7th Century, a triple-nave basilica with a T-shaped ground plan and sandstone columns was added in the 9th Century. During the 15th Century, the building (then used as a parish church) slowly began to take the shape we know today, with its Gothic chancel, three chapels with fan vaults and a main portal. The column arcades from the original nave remain intact.
In Höchst between 1772 and 1775 the Italian snuffbox factory owner, Bolongaro, built a palace for 2 million Gulden. The monumental complex is built in baroque style with a chapel, richly decorated rooms, a terrace, pavilion and sculptured gardens on the banks of the river Main. The driveway stretches more than 117m. The Bolongaro family, who had grown rich through their sales of tobacco, coffee and tea, had a seat in the then independent township of Hecht. Situated just west of the residence is the former tobacco factory. Since 1908 the palace has been in the trust of the town of Höchst. It is possible to get married here and public events are held in the gardens during the summer months.
In 1904, a wine merchant by the name of Hermann Mumm built this black brick domicile in neo-classical style. The symmetrical construction is made more pronounced by a vaulted driveway and frontispiece. A spacious semi-circular terrace was built at the back of the house. Between the wars, the gardens were divided from the rest of the house and subsequently built upon. A 1970s building complex now stands on the site of the old stables.
The Adler company was founded by Heinrich Kleyer in 1880. Specialising in 'high-tech' goods such as bicycles, typewriters and automobiles, the company's growth was such that a new factory soon had to be constructed. The stairwells and towers in this building of four wings resemble a Middle Age castle with turrets and towers. During the Third Reich, the factory was commissioned to produce fighter planes for the German army. Of the 1,600 forced-laborers who worked in the factory at the time, very few survived. After the War, the factory lay empty for many years. It was renovated some years ago and is now home to artists' studios, several offices and the Gallus Theater.
During the Middle Ages, the town of Frankfurt was regularly threatened by men on horseback, who rode in from other areas and attempted to burn down parts of the town, take away livestock and rob local merchants. The first watchtower, built as a means of protecting the town, was erected at the end of the 14th Century. As the first tower was made of wood, it did not last forever and was replaced by a stone construction in 1552. This has survived centuries of turmoil, and is now used as a ventilation pipe for the town's sewage system. How the mighty have fallen!