678 Bethlehem Pike
Montgomeryville, PA 18936
Phone: (215) 361-3600
Fax: (215) 361-7949
678 Bethlehem Pike, Montgomeryville, PA, US, 18936
- Phone: (215) 361-3600
- Fax: (215) 361-7949
A historic farmhouse located in Montgomery Township, the Knapp Farm is the only township property listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was the land on which Welsh immigrants settled in after the year 1700. It was in 1960 when the earliest section of the farmhouse was erected and in 2005 the farmhouse was acquired by the Montgomery Township Historical Society (MTHS). Since then, MTHS has been carrying out restoration plans to use it as an education center as well as society’s headquarters. For those who wish to trace the origin of the name, there is news. It was in the year 1835 when the family who gave the Knapp Farm its current name bought the property.
Spread over 0.3 acres (0.12 hectares) of land, the Jenkins Homestead is a stunning historical home. With it's English Vernacular Farmstead design, this two and a half levels structure with the five bay bay fornt facade is simply beautiful. Popularly known as the oldest structure of Lansdale, this home is simple and beautiful with the greenery all around the place. This beauty is now open to the public with the displays of all the artifacts of the house.
Of its 1,300 acres of public land, Peace Valley Park features the 365-acre Lake Galena, hiking trails, paved trails, wildlife, a nature center, and more.
The Henry Schmieder Arboretum of Delaware Valley College is comprised of 60 acres of Delaware Valley College. It provides a living laboratory of mature trees and remnant native woodland for the college's Department of Ornamental Horticulture and Environmental Design.
A monumental home in the Worcester Township of Montgomery County is the Peter Wentz Homestead. The site dates back to 1758 and is a stellar model of the Georgian style of architecture. Currently, this landmark is conserved and protected by the Peter Wentz Farmstead Society.
The home of Henry Chapman Mercer, an archaeologist, anthropologist, ceramist, scholar and antiquarian, Fonthill is an eclectic mix of Medieval, Gothic and Byzantine architectural styles. It served as a showplace for Mercer's famed Moravian tiles that were produced during the American Arts & Crafts Movement. One of the original associate sites of the National Trust for Historic Preservation
The Whitepain Public School serves the Blue Bell vicinity of the Montgomery County in Pennsylvania. Constructed and established in the year 1895, the school stands stern as one of the foremost schools in the region. The structure is a great depiction of the Gothic and the Late Victorian styles of architecture and is included in the National Register of Historic Places.
Formerly a tavern, the Fountain House is an integral part of Doylestown's history. William Doyle, who founded Doylestown had built seven taverns, this building being one of them. Over the period it was sold and renovated several times and was finally restored in 1971. Currently, it houses a Starbucks coffee shop and several law firms. Given its historical significance, the Fountain House was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
The Bucks County Library Center - Doylestown is open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., on Friday and Saturday until 5:00 p.m., and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sundays.
Open to the public, the Spruance Library is a research library "devoted to the collection and preservation of historic documents and materials to be used for genealogical and scholarly research." It three main focus areas are the history and culture of Bucks County, the history of trades, crafts, and artifacts of everyday life before 1850, and the life of Henry C. Mercer. Spruance Library features thousands of volumes of books, periodicals, Pennsylvania German Fraktur art, newspapers, maps, prints, photographs, and postcards.
The Union Library of Hatboro is a historic library building established in 1851. Constructed in the Greek Revival style of architecture, it has a modest area of 1 acre (0.40 hectare). The library still serves it purpose and has been functional ever since its inception. A lot of events are conducted by the library to keep its members entertained. It is also the third oldest library in state. Owing to its historical significance, it became a part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Operated by the Montgomery County Department of Parks, Norristown Farm Park features many farm fields, a paved hiking/biking trail, historic structures, and Stoney Creek, a stocked trout stream.