Comfort Hotel Adelaide Morangis
81, rue Lavoisier
Morangis, 91 420
Phone: (33) 1 69090245
Fax: (33) 1 69090945
The Parc Urbain Georges Brassens has enough space to host the annual International Circus Festival of Massy on its stretch of greenery, woods, ponds, and even a BMX track. It is named for the celebrated French singer, songwriter, and poet of the World War II era.
This small Catholic church, offering Mass each Sunday at 10a and 6p, animates the town of Massy with concerts and celebrations.
This voluminous chapel was built in 1968 by the architects Dengler and Zunz. A beautiful, large inner wall by the master glassblower Henri Martin-Granel is constructed with open brickwork and Jacqueline Bechet-Ferbera created the vast ceramic fresco of 41 square meters (441 square feet). The chapel belongs to l'Institution Sainte-Marie.
The Saint Saturnin Church of Antony, built piece by piece beginning in the 12th Century, is central to the religious and cultural life of the city. The chorus, bell tower, and church body were built by the 15th Century, while the stained glass windows and organ of excellent quality were added in the end of the 19th or beginning of the 20th Century. The oldest bell, called Charlotte-Genviève, was created in 1730. Mass is held each day and significant classical concerts are hosted here. See website for details.
Cimetiere parisien de Thiais is one of the biggest cemeteries in the city of Paris. Cimetiere parisien de Thiais became operational in the year 1929. Thus, it is most recently built Parisien cemetery, outside the city. Cimetiere parisien de Thiais is distinct in a way that it represents various communities and faiths. Apart from the standard Christian burials, Cimetiere parisien de Thiais also has different orthodoques, like Asian, Muslim and Jewish. Jean-Paul Le Chanois, noted French actor and screenwriter and Lisa Delamare, popular French actress are two among the various renowned people buried at Cimetiere parisien de Thiais.
This Domaine de Sceaux is a part of the charming Château de Sceaux that has been around for quite some time now. The windows of this castle overlook lush green grounds of this garden. Beautifully landscaped, the plants here are manicured to perfection. Intricately designed sculptures and statues with fountains along the cobbled pathways are all appealing.
This church is situated in scenic Sceaux. Its patron, Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle was a French professor and a pedagogical innovator who dedicated his life to educating poor children. The church is active within the community; celebrations, conferences, and occasional classical and choral concerts are held here.
Jardin de la Ménagerie in Sceaux is a pretty sight for the eyes. Also called as 'Petit Parc de Sceaux', this garden was designed by the Duchess of Maine. Sprinkled with colorful flowers and a carpet of green grass, this garden is a nice place for everybody to spend leisure time. It is also popular for the installations of contemporary art. And music shows and local events also hosted here.
Established in the year 1794, the École Polytechnique is a premier engineering institute that imparts quality education to its students. Initially serving as a military school, the institute was later transformed into a full-fledged engineering college. The institute provides a four-year course and a post graduation program for its students. Apart from that, the École Polytechnique also offers research facilities for interested students. Check website for further details.
Best known for its summer activities for children and a commendable plant collection, Parc Départemental des Lilas is a 40 hectares of greenery and pure recreation. Take a walk through this expansive garden or sign up for a workshop on fruits and flowers, this park offers a lot to anyone who wishes to be close to nature. From harvest festivals to various theme days, this park is known for hosting several events all year round. Do visit for a first-hand experience.
Built in 1934, this is a relatively new church in Fontenay-Aux-Roses. Nonetheless, the church building with it's clock tower built by architect George Braive and engineer John Braive is a regal structure. The church is actively involved in community activities with it's choir being completely restored.
This church, built in the 20th Century and designed by architect Barbier Julien, is unusually oriented towards the west, built of concrete and cinder blocks, and roofed in flat tiles. Sculpture, paintings, and stained glass decorate the interior.