Comfort Inn & Suites
425 E. Route 59
Nanuet, NY 10954
Phone: (845) 623-6000
Fax: (845) 623-9338
425 E. Route 59, Nanuet, NY, US, 10954
- Phone: (845) 623-6000
- Fax: (845) 623-9338
The Rockland County Courthouse and Dutch Gardens is a historic complex that has several structures which contribute to its historic nature. The courthouse was built in 1928 and reflects the Beaux Arts and Art Deco styles of architecture. Whereas, the garden was built in the memory of the early settlements of the area, and is today a beautiful green space amidst the locality.
The birth place and childhood home of artist Edward Hopper, this house now serves as a museum with exhibits detailing Hopper
The Montvale vicinity of Bergen County, New Jersey is bequeathed with a monumental house in the form of the Eckerson House. It is approximately spread over one acre (0.40 hectares) of land cover. It was constructed in 1796. It was originally a one and a half story building which was a side-gambreled dutch colonial home. Since October 3, 1980 the house has been included in the New Jersey Register of Historic Places and is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1983.
Maj. John Andre Monument is dedicated to an army officer, John Andre who served in the British Army. He was hanged for espionage and buried at the place where the monument is located.
The '76 house restaurant is situated in a Dutch style tavern by the same name and is a place of historical significance. It was built in 1686 and was the place where meetings for the town of Tappan were first held and recorded. The décor in the place reflects its colonial connections with wood-panelled floors, old fashioned railings and warm lights that transport you to another era. The food is classic American and the marmalade is to die for. Also try the chocolate ganache layer cake. They also have a well-stocked bar and live music playing during dinner.
The Blauvelt House is a farmstead that also includes a home and is managed by the Historical Society of Rockland County. Included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, it doubles up as a cultural venue and a museum.
Tarrytown Light is located on the Hudson River south of Kingsland. It is also known as Kingsland Point Light and Sleepy Hollow Light. It was constructed in the mid 19th century as a navigational aid to warn ships of shallow sandbank. The lighthouse was added to the National Registrar of Historic Places on May 29, 1979.
Popularly known as the Crow House, the Henry Varnum Poor House is a beautiful historic home. Spread over 5.3 acres (2.1 ha) of land, the house is an artistic home that features an amalgamation of elements of Arts and Crafts Movement and Modern Movements and combines the two. On this site, also stands a studio that is dated 1957, a small mill building, woodshop, bridge, terrace garden, etc. This beauty is a great place to visit to watch the artistic exhibits.
The Presbyterian Church In Norwood is a historic church located in Norwood, New Jersey. The church was built in 1868 by Smith and R.C. using Eastlake architectural influences. The whitewashed wooden building features a simplistic porch and gable roofs. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2006.
The old church exists to this day as Dutch Reformed Church and is fondly remembered as the Old Dutch Church of Sleepy Hollow like in Irving's stories. Consecrated in 1685, the church's burial grounds also serves as the final resting place of many local residents who are said to have been a part of the fictional work. Although smaller than many in the vicinity, the Old Dutch Church of Sleepy Hollow is easily one of the most popular tourist attractions around, owing to its inspirational role in American literature.
Established in 1860, the Foster Memorial AME Zion Church is deep-rooted in history. This church was founded to provide a religious sanctuary to the African American community. One of the co-founder of this church, Amanda Foster was a slave herself; it made its mission to settle down slaves that had escaped during and post Civil War. Architect James Bird designed the church and it was included in the esteemed National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
The Church of the Holy Communion is a small church established in 1870. The church has a rich historical background and is fully functional even today. Services and other ceremonies are routinely held at the church. The structure is a mix of architectures, but is most reminiscent of the Late Gothic Revival style. Warm and welcoming atmosphere of the church backed with a rich history make it a great attraction.