2401 A Ave West
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Phone: (641) 676-6000
Fax: (641) 673-8527
Located in the heart of Oskaloosa, lies this building that is essential to the administration of the city. Established in 1911, Oskaloosa City Hall was designed in the Renaissance Revival style by the city's famed architect, Frank E. Wetherell. Housing three stories, this chocolate brown brick-structure, features a bell tower over its southern end. Oskaloosa City Hall was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
Spread across less than one acre (0.4 hectare) of space, this park is one of the smallest in the city. Nestled in the heart of the Oskaloosa City Park, is the Band Stand. The band stand was designed by Frank E. Wetherell, an architect renowned for stylizing the Oskaloosa City Hall. Oskaloosa City Park and Band Stand was established in 1844, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places almost a century later in 1983.
This interesting and educational facility offers 21 buildings with bakery and dutch village.
Climb this 106 foot watertower, the tallest tower in Midwest.
This historic grain windmill is a great place to stop and makes a wonderful photo opportunity!
Built in 1847, gardens, dutch tea available.
The stone structure of the Marion County Courthouse is designed in the Romanesque Revival architectural style. The edifice was erected in 1896 and was included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1981. This historical structure is still intact and operational.
Ottumwa Public Library is located at Ottumwa, Iowa, United States. The public library building was built in 1901 C.E and it is part of the Central Park area, which is the civic center of the community. The library building was designed by Smith and Gutterson and was built in a Classical Revival style of architecture. The structure got added to the National Registrar of Historic Places on April 27, 1984.
Replacing three former courthouses, the current Wapello County Courthouse was built way back in 1894. Made from sandstone, it is a fine example of the Romanesque Revival style of architectural designing. In 1981, the courthouse building was incorporated in the National Register of Historic Places.
The residence of Judge H.B. Hendershott that is now known as the Foster/Bell House featured in the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. Through the time, this structure was sold and designed several times. Currently, it is a Tudor Revival style building and is a contributing structure included in the Fifth Street Bluff Historic District.
The prominent First National Bank situated in downtown Ottumwa is a monumental building. It was constructed nearly a century ago in 1915 by renowned Chicago architect H. H. Stoddard. It is basically a two-storied construction with a beautiful central entrance that is coupled with a pediment and flanked by two columns. A distinctive highlight is that the exteriors of this Bank are covered with the rare cream colored terra cotta. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.
Fifth Street Bluff Historic District is located in the heart of Ottumwa. It encompasses 64 buildings and three contributing structures that illustrate an array of architectural styles like Tudor Revival, Italianate and Queen Anne. The Trinity Episcopal Church and the Foster/Bell House are local landmarks. This district is on the National Register of Historic Places.