Starting From
See all Rates

Comfort Inn

Selected Favorite

 6363 Oxon Hill Rd , Oxon Hill, MD, US, 20745

  • Phone: (301) 839-0001
  • Fax: (301) 839-0002
4.0 out of 5 (101 reviews)
79% of guests recommend this hotel


»Oxon Hill Manor

The Oxon Hill Manor is a historic structure built in 1928. Made with the Neo-Georgian and Colonial Revival styles of architecture, it was previously used as a residence. However, today the property is available on rental basis for private events. Overlooking the Potomac river, this beautiful manor is surrounded by English gardens. The cozy and intimate setting of the place is perfect for weddings and corporate gatherings.

6701 Oxon Hill Road
Oxon Hill, MD 20745

»Carlyle House

Built in 1753 by Scottish merchant John Carlyle for his wife, Carlyle House is one of the grandest in Alexandria. It found its place in history in 1755 when General Braddock set up his headquarters in the mansion to plan strategy during the French and Indian War. Guided daily tours, school programs, exhibits, lectures and special events educate visitors on the history of the Carlyle mansion and the prominent family's life. This lovely home can be rented in the evenings for private parties and weddings. 

121 North Fairfax Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

»The Old Presbyterian Meeting House

Built during the waning days of Virginia's status as a British colony, this structure served not only as a place of worship but also as a gathering place for patriots during the Revolutionary War. George Washington's funeral service was held here in December, 1799. The church is in use today, and many of the original architectural elements remain, despite a fire in 1835. The cemetery features the grave of John Carlyle, a prominent Alexandria citizen. An American flag marks the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier of the American Revolution.

321 South Fairfax Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

»Jones Point Lighthouse and District of Columbia South Cornerstone

The Jones Point Light is a small wooden lighthouse built on the banks of Potomac River. First lit in in 1856, it was functional until 1995. It went through several restorations in the past. The house is closed to the public, however you can enjoy the lights's and the river's beauty from the outside.

Alexandria, VA 22314

»Alexandria Visitor's Bureau

While touring around Alexandria, you might want to note down the address and phone number of this office. In their attempt to promote tourism in Alexandria, they also offer visitors services. They'll aid you in your endeavors and give you the right guidance as to where and how you should go. So, whether it is eating, drinking, accommodation or shopping, ask them for assistance.

421 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

»St. Paul's Episcopal Church

The St. Paul's Episcopal Church is a historic church located in Alexandria, Virginia. The church was built in 1818, and designed by famed architect Benjamin Latrobe in what is now an excellent example of Gothic Revival architecture. The church features three equal arches at its entrance, and parts of the church have undergone minor modifications over the years. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.

228 South Pitt Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

»Lee-Fendall House

Phillip Richard Fendell built this mansion in 1785. Light Horse Harry Lee, an American Revolutionary War hero, was a frequent visitor, as was his good friend George Washington. It was here that Harry Lee wrote the immortal words for Washington's funeral: First in war, first in peace, and first in the hearts of his countrymen. The house is furnished with many original Lee family possessions and period antiques. Guided tours at a provide a glimpse into the history of this prominent family. The surrounding gardens feature magnolias, boxwoods and roses. There is a modest admission price.

614 Oronoco Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

»Christ Church

Although George Washington was a member of Truro Church in his hometown of Mount Vernon, he reserved a family pew at Christ Church. This bench has been preserved in its original place in his honor. Confederate General Robert E. Lee, an Alexandria native, worshiped at this parish all his life. Built in 1773, the architectural marvel has been restored to its authentic Georgian style. An unique Palladian window and tablets, hand-lettered by Colonial James Wren, and a towering minaret are special features of the building. It has played an important role in shaping history, the New Year's of 1942 will always be remembered, when Prime Minister Winston Churchill and President Franklin Roosevelt attended a peace gathering during World War II.

118 North Washington Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

»Friendship Firehouse

Children and other fans of firefighters and their equipment will enjoy visiting Alexandria's oldest firehouse, built in 1871. The Friendship Fire Company itself pre-dates the building by 100 years and is rumored to have been a pet project of George Washington's. Restored in the 1990s, the Firehouse offers visitors a look at the equipment used since the nation's founding. Also displayed are the clothes firefighters wore throughout this company's history. Special exhibits are often held.

107 South Alfred Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

»Contrabands and Freedmen Cemetery

Contrabands and Freedmen Cemetery is located in Alexandria, Virginia. In 1987, the city of Alexandria started the preservation process of the cemetery to build a memorial park. The site got added to the National Register of Historic Places on August 15, 2012.

638 North Alfred Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

»Alexandria National Cemetery

Founded in 1862, the Alexandria National Cemetery is one of the many cemeteries that were built in 1862. The Cemetery served as a burial ground for all the Union soldiers who died in the hospitals during the Civil War era. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.

1450 Wilkes Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

»Harmony Hall

Harmony Hall is a historic home dating back to the 18th Century. It is built in Georgian-style architecture on a sprawling estate on the banks of the Potomac River. Acquired by the National Park Service, it is open to visitors looking for a glimpse of Maryland's Colonial heritage. Originally called Battersea, it was given its present name after the harmonious living of its then resident couples, brothers John and Walter Dulaney Addison and spouses.

13551 Fort Washington Road
Fort Washington, MD 20744
Earn valuable points toward free nights.