211 Route 17 South, Paramus, NJ, US, 07652
- Phone: (201) 261-8686
- Fax: (201) 261-0372
Touted to be one of the most busy junction, the Four Corners district is a historic area of Newark. It plays a significant part in the local history as the earliest settlers had set-up their settlements at this site. Today, many of the buildings as well as this district features in the National Register of Historic Places.
An artistic memorial to all those who lost their lives in World War I, the Wars of America is a sculpture engraved in bronze. Comprising 42 human figurines and two horses, it was made by Gutzon Borglum. Installed in 1926, this sculpture was placed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.
Adjoining the historic Essex County Courthouse is placed the monumental memorial known as Seated Lincoln. It is more accurately located at Newark in Essex County, new Jersey. The magnificent memorial structure was constructed by Gutzon Borglum. It is predominantly a bronze structure and depicts the prominent Abraham Lincoln seated on a corner of a bench. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The St. Patrick's Pro Cathedral is a magnificent church building established in 1846. Constructed with the Gothic Revival style of architecture, the church is also a national shrine of Our Lady of El Quinche. The grand church building became a part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1972 owing to its historical and architectural significance.
Established in the year of 1888, First Baptist Peddie Memorial Church is a great spiritual platform. It is situated at Broad and Fulton Streets, and strives to become a religious home for culturally and ethnically divergent communities of New Jersey. The Sunday School is at 9:30a on Sundays, while the worship is at 10:30a. It follows the rare Byzantine-Romanesque style of architecture. A majestic monumental church, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
Built in the late 17 Century, the Military Park actually served as a training ground for Newark's militia. However, today it serves the locals with a beautiful park to relax and enjoy the evening. The park contains monument of the 'Wars of America' and a large concrete sword. The park also has an underground parking area. The Military Park hosts a variety of local events like the Common Greens, a popular farmers market, annual festivals like the Africa-Newark Festival and other concerts.
The Krueger-Scott Mansion is an awe-inspiring structure which was built in 1888 and owned by Gottfried Krueger, a German beer baron. Ownership of the house changed many hands and each of them brought in their style and class. Built in the Late Victorian style of architecture, it was once, one of the most magnificent houses in Newark. The building stands firm on its ground even today, but remains vacant. A symbol of power and grace it draws crowds for its sheer grandeur.
Eberhardt Hall is one of the oldest buildings on the New Jersey Institute of Technology campus. This mansion-like structure is a rare example of Gothic Victorian architecture in Newark. Some of the most evident features include the lavish staircase, gaslight fixtures and Victorian furnishings. This building is well-equipped with modern amenities, and its detailed architecture makes it a stand out.
Lincoln Park Historic District is located in of Newark, Essex County, New Jersey, and bordered by several downtown neighborhoods. It is home to a number of historic statues and landmarks, as well as an elite class of residents. A great attraction is the Lincoln Park Music Festival in July which has been drawing large crowds since 2005 and ensures more than 50,000 spectators. This neighborhood is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Newark Broad Street Station is a landmark on the cityscape. Built in 1901, it is a passenger rail station of the New Jersey Transit. Its architecture is an example of the Colonial Revival and Renaissance styles. The brick and stone building is replete with a charming clock tower, and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Located in Newark's Ironbound area, Riverbank Park was opened to the public in 1907. Although small as compared to others in the Essex County Park System, Riverbank Park is extremely popular, and the baseball field, running track, playground and soccer field are always packed. An area of the park also offers waterfront access.
Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart was constructed over the course of a century, specifically erected to feature views of the mountains to the west and downtown Manhattan to the east. First proposed in 1859, the cathedral's cornerstone was finally set forty years later. It wasn't until 1954 that the church was completed and consecrated as a "monument of faith." Pope John Paul II visited this gargantuan French-gothic cathedral in 1995, performing an evening prayer that earned the cathedral the rank of basilica. The Cathedral Basilica regularly holds concerts that are open to the public, played on the largest pipe organ ever created by the Schantz Organ Company.