Comfort Hotel Paris La Fayette
23 rue des Messageries
Phone: (33) 1 48000011
Fax: (33) 1 48000836
This impressive church is situated in the 9th arrondissement of Paris. It was constructed in 1855 by architect Louis-Auguste Boileau in 13th-century Gothic style. The interior of the church features an abundance of light and color, with marvelous stained glass windows. Église Saint Eugène - Sainte Cécile occasionally hosts choral and classical concerts.
Le Manoir de Paris, located in the 10th arrondissement, presents an original concept that is unique in France: a theme park and museum in one. The public is taken on an interactive route through Parisian legends and mysteries, over a space of nearly 1000 square meters (about a quarter of an acre). The Phantom of the Opera, The Hunchback of Notre Dame as well as the Bloody Baker are among the stories told in this new kind of haunted house. With the help of sophisticated engineering and professional actors playing roles, the Manoir de Paris brings to life old stories and legends for all those thrill seekers out there. Naturally, this attraction is not recommended for children under 10.
In spite of its modernization, the Gare du Nord is still a good example of a 19th-century train station. A German architect, Jacob Ignaz Hittorf, built the station in 1863. Its most notable features are its neoclassical façade, its statues of military greats, its Roman figures, and the steel and glass decorating its ceiling. Trains depart from this station for northern France, northern Germany, Belgium, Scandinavia, Holland and England (via the Channel tunnel).
An extension of passages Panoramas and Jouffroy, this covered walkway was constructed in 1847 and is named after, M. Verdeau. The delicate, neoclassical glass roof of the Passage Verdeau gives it an airy and charming feel. This lesser known aisle has a stretch of antique stores, rare bookshops and vintage dealers making it an interesting place to shop for souvenirs. There is also a more than century old photo shop that makes for an interesting visit.
Parisians come to Place d'Anvers to shop at the Anvers Market held every Friday. The Anvers station located on this street alongside shops and restaurants, makes it a convenient shopping and dining destination. If you have spare time, you can visit the Musée de Montmartre famous for paintings by renowned French artists, located nearby.
The Notre-Dame-de-Lorette is a neoclassic masterpiece by renowned architect, Louis-Hippolyte Lebas. The church was consecrated in 1836 and its design finds inspiration in the basilicas of Rome. Four Corinthian columns mark the south facade while the three statues on its pediment represent faith, charity and hope. The sculptural rendition by Charles-François Lebœuf depicts angels bowing in adoration to the Virgin and Child. The interiors are an eclectic contribution of several great artists and features a collage of paintings dedicated to significant moments in the life and times of Mary. Marvel at the ornate choir and coffer ceiling in blue and gold, and soak in the beauty and tranquility.
Wallace's Fountains are basically water fountains, which can be found all around Paris. The fountains are special because of their structure—small cast-iron. The designs of the fountains are intricate and beautiful with a lot of attention to detail. The dark black sculptures are striking and one of the most important features associated with the city of Paris. They are named after Richard Wallace, who financed the construction of these sculptures. The reason for this philanthropy is that, after the siege in Paris, water prices shot up and the lower classes were adversely affected. In order to curb the rise of alcoholism, Wallace came up with this unique idea to serve the community and add to the scenic beauty of Paris. His efforts have been one of the most remembered and appreciated of all time. For more information, call +33 8 9268 3000.
This Evangelical Lutheran church is situated in Paris' 9th arrondissement. It occasionally features choral and classical concerts.
Located between the Bourse and the Opera districts, the Panoramas Passageway is the oldest covered passageway in Paris. It was built in 1799 on the location of the Hotel Montmorency-Luxembourg. The point of interest of this passageway was its two high towers located at the main entrance of the gallery, where panoramic paintings were exhibited. In 1807, the Variétés Theater settles in, where Offenbach had his fame in the 1830s. In 1831, both towers were demolished and reconstruction works started. The Passage des Panoramas is 133 meters (436 feet) long, composed of five galleries; nowadays it is the center of philatelic, or stamp-related trade.
The private mansion of President Adolphe Thiers, the 19th-century politician and historian, may be scheduled for visits by groups of ten to 50 people. The house is managed and preserved by the Fondation Dosne Thiers, along with its impressive library of French history including political, military, social, and administrative approaches.
The Passage du Prado is a passageway of 120 meters (394 feet) long and 4 meters (13 feet) wide, located in the 10th arrondissement of Paris. It started in 1785 under the name of Passage du Bois de Boulogne. It was covered in 1930 and got its current name in 1935, in reference to the Prado Museum in Madrid. The two sections of the passageway, covered with a glass roof, are right-angled and linked by a rotunda, which existed at the creation. The architectural style of the glass roof’s mounting is related to the 1925 Arts Décoratifs exhibition. Nowadays, there are Indian, Mauritius, and Pakistani restaurants, a tearoom, a pizzeria, an affordable record shop, and even a barber. Contact +33 8 3668 3112 for more information.
Passage des Princes is a covered passageway linking Rue Richelieu to Boulevard des Italiens in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris. It is 80 meters (263 feet) long and was inaugurated in 1860 under the name of Passage Mirès. It was the last covered alley built in Paris; Baron Haussmann made this decision, as he was responsible for the transformations and renovations of Paris during the Second Empire. Following a real estate scheme, the passageway was destroyed in 1985 and rebuilt identically, several original elements of decoration were reused. Since 2002, it has had one main theme: there are mainly toy shops in the Passage des Princes.