Portsmouth Harbor Light House
P.O. Box 8232
Portsmouth, New Hampshire 03802-8232
The only lighthouse on the mainland of New Hampshire, Portsmouth Harbor Light (also known as Fort Point Light, New Castle Light, and Fort Constitution Light) was constructed in 1877 on the grounds of Fort Constitution, a Revolutionary War fortification. The Coast Guard still owns Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse and maintains it as an active aid to navigation, but the organization "The Friends of Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse" is licensed to care for the tower, oil house, and wooden walkway. Contact them for available tours.