2200 Stacy Dr.
Reading, PA 19605
Phone: (610) 371-0500
Fax: (610) 478-9421
2200 Stacy Dr. 5th St. Hwy., Reading, PA, US, 19605
- Phone: (610) 371-0500
- Fax: (610) 478-9421
One of Reading's first suburbs, this district is comprised of 840 Victorian and early 20th century architecture properties. Annual events such as a spring garden tour, a Christmas tour, and a fall arts and antiques fair are held here.
City Hall was constructed in 1904, as a boys’ high school and in 1928, it became a city hall for the city of Reading. This Beaux Arts style structure in 1982 was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
A historical interpretive complex open from May through October, the Berks County Heritage Center contains the Gruber Wagon Works, one of the most complete examples of an integrated rural manufactory of its kind the United States; Howard Hiester Canal Center, Wertz's Red Bridge, the Deppen Cemetery, Melcher's Grist Mill, the Salad and Herb Garden and the Reeser Farm House. Located along the Tulpehocken Creek nature trail, the Heritage Center hosts the annual Heritage Festival in October.
This full service library provides the community with a variety of information and resources plus offers programs for both adults and children.
Perched on top of Mt. Penn, the Pagoda has been watching over the city for over a century now. Built between 1907 - 1908 by William Abbot Witman, Sr. as a luxury hotel which never materialized, it became a city property in 1911. This seven story, brick shingled landmark rises above 866 feet (263.96 meters) of sea-level and has 87 steps in total to reach the top. Just like a lighthouse that is a beacon for mariners, the Pagoda was a beacon by flashing light signals to the citizens of Reading. It is also the only one of its kind to have a chimney and fireplace. The carved fish images on it roof are for fire protection and the Japanese cast bronze bell was built in 1739. Visitors can enjoy the refreshments at the Pagoda Cafe on the first level of this historic structure. Offering the most panoramic views of the city, the Pagoda is listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
Live action laser tag, the most immersive laser tag adventure game enhanced with modern technology, can be enjoyed at Laser Quest in Wyomissing.
The Lindbergh Viaduct is a striking concrete arch bridge. It is situated in Reading, in Berks County, Philadelphia. Constructed in 1927, it was built with a lavish budget of USD470,000. It is constructed on a comprehensive horizontal bend and forms the backdrop of the Pendora Park. It is 866 feet (264 meters) long and has as many as 13 spans. There are five central spans, each 83 feet (25 meters) in length along with eight secondary spans. This historic viaduct has undergone refurbishment twice and stands listed on the National register of Historic Places since June 22, 1988.
A private, non-profit organization affiliated with Alvernia College, the Italian-American Cultural Center of Pennsylvania serves the residents of Reading and Berks County through the sponsorship of educational programs that promote the Italian-American cultural heritage. The Italian-American Cultural Center of Pennsylvania features a library filled with books, periodicals and audiovisual material relating to Italian and Italian-American heritage and a photographic and archival collection of the history of Italian Americans in Reading and Berks County. Italian language classes are offered in the spring and fall.
Encompassing over 665 acres of beautiful woodlands and plantations, this state site offers a wide variety of environmental education programs for all ages, as well as an array of recreational activities for the whole family to enjoy.
The Old Dry Road is a historic house with a farm. This three-story farmhouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It serves as a museum featuring the original furniture of the house, as well as farm equipments used during the period when the farm was functioning.
Fleetwood Area Public Library is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Fridays, and on Saturdays until 4:00 p.m.
The birthplace of great American frontiersman Daniel Boone in 1734, this historic state site interprets the life of early English and German settlers in eastern Berks County. The site includes the Boone House, a blacksmith shop, bar, sawmill, the Bertolet Log House, a visitor's center, nature trails, and a picnic area.