Comfort Hotel Rosny-sous-Bois
1 rue de Lisbonne
Phone: (33) 1 48123030
Fax: (33) 1 45288369
1 rue de Lisbonne, Rosny-sous-Bois, FR, 93561
- Phone: (33) 1 48123030
- Fax: (33) 1 45288369
The modern religious landmark of Église Notre-Dame du Raincy in the commune of Le Raincy was built in the year 1923 based on the designs by architects Auguste and Gustave Perret. It is first of its kind church in France to be built completely with reinforced concrete and was classified as a historic monument in the year 1966. Today, the church hosts various religious events and choir concerts. Call to know more about this modern architecture marvel.
Chapito Parc Jean Moulin is a 26 hectare park. It is used for recreational activities such as walking and also for holding events. Over the past, the park has played host to local gathering and other public meets.
This urban church, marked by a soaring cement steeple topped by an open-centered cross, hosts a variety of events including classical concerts by individuals or groups and poetry or literature readings.
Built in a neo-Renaissance style in the late 19th Century (1887-1891), the Hôtel de Ville of Vincennes possesses an imposing elegance with its symmetrical windows, exterior detailing, and lofty rooftop topped by a bell tower. Inside, magnificent staircases sweep past one another under an intricate cupola with a diameter of over 12 meters (40 feet). Beautiful frescoes, paintings, and local artisanal porcelain are some of the historic and artistic treasures within this architectural gem. Space is available in the Salle des Fêtes (party room) for selected special events.
This imposing building wasn't built in a day. In the 12th Century, King Philippe-Auguste commissioned the construction of a manor house in the Bois de Vincennes. It was fortified two centuries later. Its flamboyant Gothic-style chapel wasn't finished until the 15th Century and it was King Louis XV who, in the 18th Century, added the King and Queen's pavilions. The First Empire saw the takeover by the army of the castle, which became an arsenal. There are today two museums in the dungeon and the royal pavilions. The Sainte-Chapelle has a nave and rose-windows in magnificent stone.
Named after popular Adolphe Édouard Casimir Joseph Mortier, who was the Duke of Treviso and Marshal of France, Boulevard Mortier previously encompassed Military Street. Today, it is part of the Boulevards of Maréchaux which contains all the boulevards surrounding the city. The famed Mortier Market is held here. Contact +33 8 3668 3112 for further information.
Located in the green Wood of Vincennes, the Floral garden proposes two free musical demonstrations of very great quality. The park offers both classical (Saturdays) and jazz (Sundays), for four months out of the year (early June-late September). Arrive early to meet the musicians. A magnificent setting for diverse and always very high-quality concerts.
Located at the east of the Bois de Vincennes, the tropical garden is a strange and deserted place. Founded in 1899, tropical plants were grown in greenhouses. Then, for the 1907 colonial exhibition, several pavilions were built and five villages typical of the French colonies were recreated. Most of these buildings can still be seen today, as well as Vietnamese and Cambodian bridges, a Chinese gate, a small greenhouse… all surrounded by a wild vegetation. After the First World War, several war memorials were raised in memory of the soldiers of the former colonies. For more information, call +33 8 3668 3112.
Pantin is located to the north-east of the city of Paris. It has as much charm and character as downtown Paris. Located by the banks of the Chemin de Halage canal, one can find a lot of beautiful riverside houses and parks, frequented by youngsters. The Pantin town hall is an impressive historic building, while one can also see a lot of old and abandoned industrial ruins here. One particular building is covered from head to toe in graffiti and is intriguing to watch.
One of the most important marinas of the Parisian suburbs, Nogent-sur-Marne's marina is certainly one of the loveliest located on the Marne's riverside near the guinguettes. With the latest equipments, the marina can accommodate long boats for long stays or daily stays. You can cross the Arts footbridge and walk along the riverside to enjoy the romantic environment, or you can simply stop and have a drink at the marina's café. Many activities are available, as well as renting of paddle boats, motor boats and electric boats. Sightseeing tours are provided every weekend in the summer by Vedettes du Pont-Neuf.
An architectural and town planning gem, this housing complex was built in 1908, consisting of 92 small brick and stone houses, each differently designed by a separate architect or builder. A successful example of social housing, the homes were initially financed through a lend-lease agreement for families of middle and lower income workers. Going up the steps from Place Octave-Chanute, you come to the streets Irenée-Blanc and Jules-Siegfried; in spring, each tiny garden is filled with lilac and wisteria, and it's hard to believe that you're still within Paris city limits. Call +33 8 3668 3112 (tourist information) for details.
This mid-century church is situated in the 19th arrondissement of Paris. It was constructed in 1954 by Henri Vidal and occupies a serene spot at the top of a hill overlooking Paris. The church occasionally features classical and choral concerts.