13 rue Barres
+33 1 4887 3202
The first Saint-Gervais Saint-Protais Church was built in the 6th Century in the Marais district in Paris. The construction of its current shape started in 1494 and lasted 150 years. It is consequently the oldest parish of the Seine’s right bank. Even though its style is definitely Gothic, the French classicism has inspired the creation of the facade, which was finished in 1621. This facade has a distinctive feature: it has three different Greek-style columns; moreover, one can also admire the two sundials: one is made with Roman numerals, to the southeast, the other with Arabic numerals, to the southwest. Inside the Saint-Gervais Saint-Protais Church, one can look at the oldest church organ of Paris.