52509 National Road East
Saint Clairsville, OH 43950
Phone: (740) 296-5549
Fax: (740) 296-5632
52509 National Road East, Saint Clairsville, OH, US, 43950
- Phone: (740) 296-5549
- Fax: (740) 296-5632
Journey back in time to 1862, when Wheeling was in Virginia, a state ripped apart by the American Civil War. West Virginia was born in this building, now a National Historic Landmark, during the great conflict. This was the only territorial change resulting from America's greatest war.
Located in the Oglebay Resort, a visit to the Good Zoo will surely be fun. The zoo features a number of exotic animal species such as lion tamarin monkeys, Grevy's zebra, Komodo dragons, meerkats, lorikeets and many more animals from all over the world. The zoo plays host to a number of interactive and informative activities, especially for children, such as camps, workshops, parties and much more.
The James Kinny Farmstead, popularly known as the Country Mile Farm is a site that is spread over 57 acres (23 hectares) of land. This Kinny home designed in it's Greek Revival and Italianate style of architecture that is made up of simple red bricks with white wooden borders at the edges. This house was once a multitude station of livestock passing through the home. Tours are available too.
Grave Creek Mound is one of the largest Conical mounds constructed during the late Adena Period. Construction took place in successive stages from about 250-150 B.C.
The Morristown Historic District, comprises of several buildings that date back to the 19th Century. This district is encircled by Cross Streets and Church Streets. A landmark on the streetscape is the Black Horse Inn. Added to the National Register of Historic Places, this district is one of the best examples of preserved architecture in town.
This park has 200 campsites with water and electric and log cabin rentals with showers. It also has lodge and shelter rentals. Enjoy family fun with miniature golf, paddle boats and free fishing in four lakes.
National Historic Landmark, is the earliest example of collegiate Gothic in America. Construction began in 1858 using local timber, stone, slate and bricks kilned on site. Five U.S. Presidents have spoken in the Commencement Hall and Edward Troye's oriental paintings hang in the Parlour.