Chapelle de l'Immaculée Conception
6, rue Malherbe
+33 2 40 74 17 20
It was in 1469 that François II, Duke of Brittany, founded a chapel in honour of Saint Anthony of Padua, a saint venerated by his wife Marguerite de Bretagne. The flamboyantly Gothic-style chapel was extended during the 17th century thanks to a generous donation made by Marie de Médicis to the Minim religious order, a community of friars who took up residence there towards the end of the Middle Ages. The friars were expelled during the French Revolution.
Of particular note are the chapel's façade and side aisles (dating from the 17th-19th centuries). The inside of the chapel is not, however, open to the public (please phone for further information).