"Supports Green Initiatives" designates a hotel's participation in an optional environmental program that includes the use of energy-efficient lighting, guestroom towel/linen re-use, and on-premise recycling. "Supports Green Initiatives" does not represent an official certification of any kind.
In 1835, Juan Francisco built and occupied what some call the “Long House,” which is now occupied by a restaurant.In an effort to keep up with his expanding family, Francisco built additions to his home and called it “La Casa Larga” or “The Long House.”In 1846, the home belonged to Juan Matias Moreno, secretary to the last Mexican governor of California (Pio Pico).Casa De Lopez was one of the first substantial homes after Old Town became a pueblo (town).For those who would like to take a self-guided tour of Old Town San Diego’s historic sites, this is historic site No. 60. The sign that designates its status is on the West side of the right entrance to the restaurant. - Erick Pettersen