Open Mic Night - No Cover, No Drink Min.... No Promises!Mad House Comedy ClubApril 20, 2015 8:30 PM
502 Horton Plaza
San Diego, CA 92101
FREE PARKING IN THE GASLAMP! 4 HOURS OF FREE VALIDATED PARKING IN THE HORTON PLAZA PARKING GARAGE, JUST STEPS FROM THE MAD HOUSE COMEDY CLUB!View More >
The Mad House Comedy Club is your home in San Diego for the very best in stand-up comedy. Buy tickets to great shows, watch videos, read about the talent check out our FAQ tab for a wealth of information about the Gaslamp District’s famous Mad House Comedy Club! 18+ with valid, state issued photo id.
Thinking about trying stand up comedy? Ready to take the leap? We’re proud to have a supportive staff and an awesome group of comics performing on our open mic, so relax, grab some friends and come have a great time. Read below for sign up instructions.
If you’re not ready yet, the show’s free so come by, hang out, grab a drink, talk to some of the comics, and check out the show.
Here’s how the open mic works. Unless something odd happens, we have open mics on Sunday and Monday @ 8:30pm
To perform you need to email email@example.com by 4pm on Sunday of the week you'd like to perform. List your name, and which open mic you’d like to perform on. It’s completely okay to ask for both shows if you wish.
We have far more comics emailing in to perform on the open mic than we have spots for. At 4pm the email period closes, a random drawing is done to see which comedians will perform.
You will receive an email between 5pm and 6pm on Sunday to let you know if your name was selected for either of the shows.
There is a second way onto the open mic shows. If your name was not selected, you can show up on Sunday, Monday, or both days, and sign up on the “alternate list”. The alternate list is not a guarantee. When comedians don’t show up, or we have extra time, the host will pull comedians from the alternate list. Sometime they make it through the entire alternate list, and sometimes they don’t get to it at all. The list is made available for sign ups around 8:00 on both days. To use the alternate list, you have to physically be at the club, you can’t add your name via phone/email etc.
Note a couple things.
· Sets are 5 min.
· Sets are uncensored.
· If you go over the 5min set time you will be played off stage.
· Check in with the host when you arrive at the club.
· The order comedians will go onstage is made by the host, at show time. Please do not call the comedy club and ask when your time slot is, as the operator won’t know.
· Please do not call the club to see if you’re on the show. We will email you to let you know either way.
· There is no two drink min for the open mic shows, and there is never a two drink min for any performing comedian at the Mad House Comedy Club regardless of the night or show.