2790 RT 32
Saugerties, NY 12477
Phone: (845) 246-1565
Fax: (845) 246-1631
2790 RT 32, Saugerties, NY, US, 12477
- Phone: (845) 246-1565
- Fax: (845) 246-1631
The Wyncoop House is a beautiful home that is a fine example of stone houses that were prevalent in that era. Included in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 1984, this home is still intact and perfectly preserved.
Open April through September, Puttin Plus offers a family-friendly atmosphere that features mini-golf, a go-cart track, laser tag, an arcade and batting cages.
Headquarters of the Saugerties Historical Society and the home of the Society's museum, the Kiersted House is an exceptional example of 18th century building practices and listed on the New York State and the National Register of Historic Places. Special events, including historical reenactments, History Day, seasonal concerts and historical displays on the front lawn, are available throughout the year.
The Saugerties Public Library is adjacent to the Cahill Elementary School. The Saugerties Public Library opens at 10:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday.
Ride an authentic circa 1950 Allan Herschell Co. carousel from May to October at selected hours in April and November.
A hilly park located in the northeast corner of Saugerties, Seamon Park is open year-round, from dusk to dawn. It is home to the annual Chrysanthemum Festival.
The stellar Saugerties Lighthouse is a prominent U.S. lighthouse situated on the banks of the Hudson river, that lies to the north of Saugerties in New York. The lighthouse building was constructed and first lit in the year of 1869. The historical tower is built moreover by utilizing brick and forms a square shape. The site has paved its way into the National Register of Historic Places due to its effervescent monumental value.
Clarkson Chapel is a wooden edifice built by Levinus Clarkson in 1860. This Carpenter Gothic style building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983 and is also declared as the National Historic Landmark.
A branch of the Catskill Public Library, the Palenville Library also acts as a community center and meeting place. The Palenville Branch of the Catskill Public Library is closed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays.
For long a subject of interest for authors and painters, Kaaterskill Falls is certainly a wonder of nature. Located within the Catskill Forest Preserve, it is the highest waterfall in New York State—that's right, at approximately 260 feet (79 meters) high, it's even taller than Niagara Falls (albeit far less powerful). The Kaaterskill Falls were especially popular with the Hudson River School of American painters during the mid-1800s. Today, there are numerous hiking and camping opportunities in the immediate area, and many visitors come to the falls in good weather.
The Elmendorph Inn features a two levels structure, with a roof and chimney on the top. The beautiful vague exterior grabs the attention of the people, the interior comprises of wooden doors and exposed ceilings, fireplace and a curved wall that leads a way to the staircase which is absolutely amazing. This structure is also one of the oldest structures in Red Hook. This inn is available for meetings, historical programs, celebrations, etc.
Also known as the Byrdcliffe Arts Colony, this historic district is the hub of creativity in Woodstock. Byrdcliffe Historic District was founded by Ralph Radcliffe Whitehead and his wife Jane Byrd McCall, along with writer Hervey White and artist Bolton Brown. The aim behind setting up this arts colony was to promote the 19th-century Arts and Crafts Movement that arose in response to industrialization. This historic district is managed by the Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild who conduct regular tours. Visitors can participate in enthralling events like fund raisers, exhibitions, concerts and more.