Comfort Inn & Suites
2160 Elmira Street
Sayre, PA 18840
Phone: (570) 888-1100
Fax: (570) 731-7133
The historic Grace Episcopal Church has been serving the community of Waverly since 1854. The striking church building was constructed in the Gothic Revival style, and is one of the most beautiful historic structures in the city.
Constructed in 1827, the Platt-Cady Mansion stands as one of the finer structures in the Nichols region in Tioga County, New York. The structure was originally built following the Federal style of architecture. Now it is home to the Cady Library, and the site stands registered on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Chemung County Courthouse Complex encompasses four historical buildings, namely the the District Attorney's and Treasurer's Building, the County Clerk's Office, the Court House Annex and the actual Courthouse. All of these buildings were built between 1836 and 1899 in the Greek Revival and Federal style of architecture. The magnificent buildings were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
An architectural masterpiece, this eclectic church is a gorgeous design of limestone and brick. Built between 1874 and 1876, the Park Church is famous for more than just its notable architecture, it is also noteworthy for its congregation of abolitionists and humanitarians.
Prominent for it's architecture the Elmira Coca-Cola Bottling Company Works is modern style structure. The detailed work of the coco cola bottle on the wall above the front door is beautifully carved. This art modern structure is no longer used as a bottling plant but the beauty of this building is yet worth the visit.
The Elmira College Old Campus is a part of the Elmira College. Known as a historic part of this college, it was formerly known as the Elmira Collegiate Seminary. This college was the first college to offer degree programs to the women. The beautiful surrounding of this college campus is absolutely a delight to be at or to at least visit this place once.
The St. Paul's Church of Owego is a historic church building constructed between 1893 and 1894. Built with the High Victorian Gothic style of architecture, the church was designed by famous architect William Halsey Wood. Despite of belonging to the ancient era, the church continues to function till date. Masses and other ceremonies are routinely held at the congregation. Owing to its beautiful history, the church became a part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.
The Owego Central Historic District is broadly a commercial area which has it roots back in 1840. The district sees a mix of architectural styles, but the most prominent ones include the Italianate, Beaux Arts, Greek Revival, Federal, Gothic and Italianate. It was put up in the National Register of Historic Places in 1980 owing to its historic importance.
Celebrated John W. Jones House is located on Davis Street, Elmira, New York. Initially a house to the prominent John W. Jones, it operates as a history museum. The museum is a great representation of the African American people who settled in the Southern Tier of New York City and supported the underground railroad. Constructed in 1868, the house museum carries immense monumental value and has also been listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.
Located in the city of Elmira, the Woodlawn National Cemetery is a cemetery that features the burials of over 3000 dead prisoners who lost their lives due to owercowding, inadequate shelter and disease that spread over. The cemetery grounds is also a place of burials of the people who lost their lives in the railroad accident. The most famous person burried in this cemetery is Mark Twain.
The Elmira Heights Village Hall spread over 0.2 acres (0.081 hectares) of land is a historically significant structure and plays a great role in the government. This beautiful architectural hall is an example of the Chateauesque style and was listed on the National Register of historic places in 1982.
Zimmerman House, more well known as the Zim House is a historic home situated in Horseheads, New York. This Queen Anne style house was built in 1890 and features beautiful woodwork and a wide porch area. It has been the residence of famous cartoonist Eugene Zimmerman. Today, the house is maintained by the Horseheads Historical Society who gives tours of the house that contains exhibits of some of Zimmerman's cartoons and creations. The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.