Comfort Inn & Suites
2160 Elmira Street
Sayre, PA 18840
Phone: (570) 888-1100
Fax: (570) 731-7133
2160 Elmira Street, Sayre, PA, US, 18840
- Phone: (570) 888-1100
- Fax: (570) 731-7133
The historic Grace Episcopal Church has been serving the community of Waverly since 1854. The striking church building was constructed in the Gothic Revival style, and is one of the most beautiful historic structures in the city.
This beautiful white structured church has a lot to offer. Other than just the beauty of the church, the church features the Sunday School classrooms, the choir members then had long robes as their attire, an area near the organ consisted of a rack of books where one could sit and read. The place now makes way for choir stalls.
The Erste Deutsche Evangelische Kirche popularly known as the First United Church of Christ is a Romanesque architecture church. This beautiful structure features a simple entrance of steps that leads the people into the church. With the cross on the top above the entrance on a roof the church stands out in it's beauty. The beautiful white paint as borders around the structure gives it a beautiful look.
The Elmira Civic Historic District is a district comprising of the early town's history. Featuring the County Court House, some of the office buildings and the Arnot Art museum and the Icehouse. This district is a preservation of all the historical structures and well maintained beauties that are presented to the visitors and tourists.
The Trinity Episcopal Church has been serving the Elmira community for almost 180 years. What started out as a simple school house is now a sprawling complex that spans across four buildings. The church comprises Sanctuary, Office Building, Arnot Building and the main Parish Hall. While visiting this landmark, do explore the Sanctuary which features beautiful memorial stained glass windows that depict different stories of Christ, saints and the church itself. The Trinity Episcopal Church believes in striving for the betterment of the community and has different programs to serve this purpose. Youth programs, parish luncheons, choir concerts and other events are a regular feature here. For event schedule and other updates, please check the website.
Limousine service for the Elmira area.
The St. Paul's Church of Owego is a historic church building constructed between 1893 and 1894. Built with the High Victorian Gothic style of architecture, the church was designed by famous architect William Halsey Wood. Despite of belonging to the ancient era, the church continues to function till date. Masses and other ceremonies are routinely held at the congregation. Owing to its beautiful history, the church became a part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.
Designed under the supervision of James A. Wetmore in 1917, the US Post Office-Owego was constructed between 1919 and 1920. A symmetrical red-brick building one story high, the post office displays the Colonial Revival style of architecture. Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988, the post office forms a part of the Owego Central Historic District.