Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
6491 Thompson Rd.
Syracuse, NY 13206
Phone: (315) 437-0222
Fax: (315) 437-4510
The Saint Margaret's Church is located in Mattydale, New York and has been serving the locals as a religious for over 80 years. This Roman Catholic Church is an active institute of faith. The church believes that it is only through the teachings of God and His word that people can live an enriching life. Following the tradition of naming the church as per the founding pastor's choice, the church was named St Margaret's after Father Oley's mother's name - Margaret Rose. Under Rev. Robert Hyde, regular Sunday services are conducted and worshipers can indulge in the prayers. Check the website for information on mass timings and services.
Situated across East Genesee Street, the May Memorial Unitarian Universalist Society or MMUUS is a religious and community organization. Its aim is to strive for communal peace and focus on spiritual growth. Named in the honor of Rev. Samuel Joseph May who worked for the betterment of women and social rights, MMUUS is truly committed to its mission. Throughout the year, it hosts lectures, concert series, community events and other activities that help its cause. For more details, call ahead.
The corner of James Street and Townsend Street in Syracuse is bequeathed with a monumental religious landmark in the form of the First English Lutheran Church. It was founded in the year 1879 and is of great importance to the city. Standing firm for more than a century, it is a fine example of Mission/Spanish Revival Styles of architecture. Sundays are reserved for Bible study that begins at 9:30a and the worship services that are followed thereafter.
Established in 1871, Grace Church is one of the oldest places of worship in Syracuse. The majestic Gothic Revival church building was constructed in 1876, and is one of the city's most prominent architectural treasures. Besides worship and religious activities, the church is well-known for its rich and illustrious history of pursuing social justice and civil rights. Check website for more.
The Thornden Park is located at Syracuse, New York. This park incorporated in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places features a swimming pool, E.M. Mills Memorial Rose Garden, a playground and several sports facilities.
Marshall Street stretches in the East-West direction and is flanked by two major landmarks: Marshall Square Mall and Syracuse University. Hence, it is always bustling with students who come to visit the numerous shops, restaurants and cafés dotting the road. It always dons a vibrant look due to the buoyant visitors and the sparkling store lights. Besides the mall, it is also home to shops like J Michael Shoes, Halo Tattoos and Jimmy Johns, and bars such as Chuck's Cafe, Harry's Bar and Faegan's Pub. Named after a 19th-century lawyer, today it is prominent as a major shopping destination and student zone.
The Canal Center offers so much! There are exhibits of the original canal system from Syracuse to Rome, a canoe launch, biking, hiking and picnicking.
The Syracuse City Hall is the city landmark that is mainly used for public meetings and events. It was built in the late 1800s in a Romanesque Revival style of architecture and is a major attraction to a lot of tourists. Several events are conducted on different days according to the pre-organized schedule decided by the committee.
Previously known as the Veteran's Park, the Hanover Square is a park located in downtown Syracuse. It is surrounded by a few historic buildings too, together forming the Hanover Square historic district. Most of these buildings were constructed in 1834 in Second Empire, Romanesque and Federal style architecture. The site has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1976.
Saint Paul's Episcopal Cathedral is a community church located in the heart of Syracuse's civic and cultural scene. This majestic Gothic structure from 1884, designed by Henry Dudley, towers over downtown and dominates the skyline. It has a weekly schedule of worship, services and events, and is a historic landmark in town. Visitors can take a tour of the church to marvel at its regal features including the beautiful stained glass windows.
The impressive limestone quarters of the Onondaga County Savings Bank were built in 1867. Horatio Nelson White designed this historic building that was later known as Gridley Building. It was included in the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.
The Hall of Languages is a beautiful Second Empire structure built on the Syracuse University. Constructed between 1871 and 1873, the building makes use of Onondaga limestone. The massive structure of the building speaks of grandeur in every way possible. Owing to its magnificent design, it was put up in the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.