Bahnhofstrasse 15, Unterfoehring, DE, 85774
- Phone: (49) 89 958465 0
- Fax: (49) 89 958465 550
Holy Spirit Church
After Duke Otto converted this building into a hospital, it wasn't again converted into a church until 1327. In the 18th century, the interior was designed by the Asam brothers, who are famous for their works in the Church of St. John Nepomuk, also popularly known as Asam Church. The church suffered severe damage during the war, but its structure was successfully restored. Though most noted and celebrated artworks here are the Hammerthaler Madonna (1450) and the Late Gothic crucifix (1510), the church on the whole, is truly beautiful with its magnificent frescoes, the high alter and the relics.