Comfort Hotel Yokohama Kannai
3-33 Sumiyoshi-cho, Naka-ku
Phone: (81) 45 650-4711
Fax: (81) 45 650-4712
Yokohama Port Opening Memorial Hall
Mo to Su from 09:00 AM to 04:00 PMYokohama Port Opening Hall is the most beautiful building in Yokohama and was called the Jack by generations of sailors. It was completed in 1917, Jack is a Neo-renaissance structure. In the great 1923 earthquake the exterior remained standing, but the interior suffered severe damage. Two Japanese architects designed the building but they had studied under a disciple of the famous British architect Josiah Condo. The Yokohama Port Opening Hall's clock tower has become a symbol of Yokohama, with clocks on each of its four sides. The facade of the building has bands of white granite crossing the red brickwork.