Monument to Yokohama Chokai-jo
+81 45 201 0708
The monument to Yokohama Chokai-jo, which served as Yokohama's first town hall in the Meiji Era, is located inside the Yokohama Port Opening Hall. The monument, which marks the site of the Yokohama Chokai-jo, is located to the left of the stairway at the entrance to the building. The Yokohama Chokai-jo functioned as Yokohama's administrative office from the beginning of the Meiji Era in 1868 until 1889, when Yokohama became a municipality.