Comfort Inn & Suites
2250 N. George St.
York, PA 17406
Phone: (717) 699-1919
Fax: (717) 846-7209
Donegal Presbyterian Church Complex is located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The historic church was built in 1732 and is a one and a half story, three bay by five bay building. There is also a cemetery in the vicinity of the church building which is enclosed in a rough hewn stone wall built in 1791. The church has a Federal style of architecture and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on July 2, 1985.
The St. Peter's Kierch is a monumental Lutheran church site that carries immense significance. It is primly located in the Middletown vicinity of the Dauphin County in Pennsylvania. The construction of the church took place from 1767 through 1769, and this structure is incorporated in the National Register of Historic Places.
This Late Victorian station opened in 1914 and now waits to be restored. The once thriving Stewartstown Railroad Station was used for passenger and freight trains as well. Passenger services continued till 2004 and is the only station in the York County that looks the same as it was built. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.
The Harrisburg 19th Street Armory is a historic armory located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Belonging to the National Guard, it was built in 1938 in Moderne architectural style by R. W. Shaw. The red brick building and also features minarets and gable roofs. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
The celebrated Salem United Church of Christ was earlier referred to as the Old Salem Reformed Church. Dating back to 1787, this church is certainly a historical landmark. The Salem United Church of Christ continues its efforts and endeavors to help individuals as well as the entire community.
Conewago Chapel is located in Conewago Township, Pennsylvania. It is an ancient Roman Catholic basilica dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The chapel is also known as Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It was built in 1787, and is constructed of brownstone with three-feet (0.9-meter) thick walls. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in January 29, 1975.
Formed in 1973, the Capital Area Transit (CAT) is a non-profit organization that operates public transport to Harrisburg. While maintaining a proper transport network with a consistent frequency of buses and trains, this company also ensures safe travel. The CAT has two divisions in which it provides its transport service. If you need to book a bus or train ticket, their website provides accurate detail of bus routes, schedules and fares as well.
The Tabernacle Baptist Church was built in 1886 and was formerly known as the German Evangelical Zion Lutheran Church. This Gothic structure is made of brick and features a huge square bell tower and oval windows. The church has many ministries to cater different sectors of people and also has regular events to build its community. Apart from Sunday worship services, bible studies and worship groups are held regularly every week.
Who hasn't heard of the famous Hershey's brand of chocolates? Founded by Milton Hershey, the town was initially called Derry Church but later renamed to Hershey after the soaring popularity of Hershey's chocolate across the globe. Also called Chocolate Town USA and The Sweetest Place on Earth, a visitor here is constantly reminded of the town's sweet heritage, with names like Chocolate and Cocoa featuring in street names and avenues. Those lacking a sweet tooth can still have a good time at the amusement parks, athletic events and a pulsating night life.
The Camp Curtin Memorial Episcopal Church, located in Harrisburg, was built in 1895. It is an iconic architectural landmark on the streetscape. It is an example of Late Victorian and Romanesque styles and is replete with a church tower, belfry, spires and a pipe organ. This building is featured on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Harrisburg Polyclinic Hospital, also called the Polyclinic Medical Center, is located on the Third Street in downtown Harrisburg. Associated with the PinnacleHealth System, a leading chain of medical facilities in Pennsylvania, it offers top notch outpatient and specialty care services. The polyclinic also serves as a prestigiuous teaching facility for those interested in internal medicine as well as family practise. Complete with a chapel, a cafe and a community health center, it promotes a well-rounded health care model.
Old Main, Goethean Hall and Diagnothian Hall together form the main buildings of Franklin & Marshall College. One of the oldest institutions for higher education in the United States, the buildings were designed in distinct Gothic Revival style. Built in between 1854 and 1857, by Dixon, Balburnie and Dixon, the buildings are of great importance since they not only represent the progress of education in the country but also highlight the evolving style of American architecture.