76043 Sidney Place
Yulee, FL 32097
Phone: (904) 225-2600
Fax: (904) 225-1966
76043 Sidney Place , Yulee, FL, US, 32097
- Phone: (904) 225-2600
- Fax: (904) 225-1966
A full service marina that can accommodate a variety of boats ranging from a luxury cruise liner to a small fishing boat. A concrete floating dock is on site and services such as fuel, provisions, and shower facilities are available.
Those who love history or are simply interested in learning more about St Mary's past will find a wealth of information browsing the many gravestones of this cemetery. As one of Georgia's oldest towns and a national historic district, early settlers such as the French Acadians of Canada, French planters from Santo Domingo, notable townspeople and soldiers from many of America's wars, are buried here. A lovely landmark with old oak trees, iron fences and brick walls, there are three sections: the old white, old black and the "new" section. Quiet and peaceful, a stroll through the park-like cemetery reveals an important era of this sleepy little town. Designated parking area just outside the cemetery walls. Generally open sunrise to sunset daily. - Natasha Lawrence
Built in the late 1830s as the home of Reverend Horace S. Pratt to the First Presbyterian Church which is across the street. The size and style of the building was unprecedented in the area. The Greek Revival style home is two stories with a raised basement. Ownership changed several times since its construction, but luckily it survived the Civil War when it was occupied by the Union Army. In 1965 the property was purchased by the City of St. Marys and has since been preserved as a museum by the Orange Hall Foundation. Each of the rooms are furnished as it would have looked when it was first completed. Visitors can take self-guided tours. It is claimed to be the friendly ghost of 8-year-old Jane Pratt, who died of yellow fever, letting them know she is present. There is a small gift shop. USD3 donation is requested. Street parking is available. - Natasha Lawrence
Featuring Doric columns on the front verandah and wide steps leading from the ground up to the second floor main entrance, this historic home is a wonderful example of Greek Revival architecture and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Located in the main thoroughfare of this historic town, this is any visitor's first stop for information and brochures for accommodations, shopping, museums, restaurants, tours, calendar of events, activities and over 27 attractions. Don't forget the self-guided walking tour map. Several guided tours start and end here. One is the narrated tour of the city and another is the Green Elephant Ghost Tour. Staff can help with making hotel reservations as well as tickets for tours. It has a small gift shop where guide books, post cards and other souvenirs can be purchased.
The oldest Presbyterian church building in the state of Georgia, this historic church also has the distinction of being the oldest building in Georgia that has been in continuous use as a church since its erection.
The Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary is non-profit organization dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing home to endangered species of large cats. Beside this, Catty Shack's aim is to educate the public about the difficulties these majestic creatures face, both in their natural habitats and in captivity. Once the cats are rescued, they become permanent residents at the sanctuary for the rest of their days. Public and school tours are offered, giving the public a great chance to learn more about these endangered felines — as well as a chance to feed them!
"Floridas' first full service marina on the Intracoastal waterway," this marina offers transient vessels up to 85 feet, as well as overnight dockage, fuel, bathhouses, and courtesy cars.
A small town located on the St Marys River just across the Florida border, it was first settled by the Spanish in the 16th century. In 1792 the town was officially established by legislature. St Marys was the site of the last battle of the War of 1812 when the British captured it, but lost it a month later. Today, visitors embark on the Cumberland Queen for a 45-minute boat ride to Cumberland Island National Seashore where the Carnegies of New York had a 59-room winter retreat, wild horses roam and nature lovers can spend a few days at Sea Camp. The town is home to the Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base and the Coast Guard. Accommodations and attractions include bed and breakfasts, hotels, the 1788 Oak Grove Cemetery, several museums, a marina, shops and restaurants. From the Visitor Center, tours of the city and a ghost tour are also recommended. - Natasha Lawrence
This marina offers numerous amenities and services plus features an adjoining shrimp boat dock where you can watch the fleets of shrimp trawlers arrive home.
The first cross state railroad in Florida, this historic red train station paved the way for wealth and prosperity and now houses the Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center.
This historic church is named in honor of Father Michael de Aunon, who was martyred in 1597 at St. Catherine's Island in Georgia during the Indian Rebellion against the Franciscans.